Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Issue

Options
  • 22-09-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All

Looking for a bit of advice on a work situation that's really getting to me at the moment.

I work in sales for a large well know multi-national in the IT sector.

Over the last few months the department I have been working in (call it X) has been gradually closed down and the work out-sourced to India.

Some people (team leaders, coaches) were made redundant but anybody with a sales target has been gradually moved to another department in the company - call in Y.

Department Y is seen as a promotion and everybody that has moved over has been given a grade increase and a raise in basic salary and commission.

However, a few of us - the last ones who were left in X, have been transferred to Y (and are undertaking Y roles) but have been left on the old X pay scales and grades.

We've raised it with management and they say that it is temporary and is due to HR issues - not having the required headcount vacancies in Y.

The company are now recruiting externally for vacancies in Y and anybody coming in to Y will be paid Y rates - but we are still left on the old X rates - despite X having officially closed.

It's really p*ssing me off but is there anything I can do about it legally?

Any advice appreciated.

o29

Advertisement