Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow beauty spots for wedding photogrpahy?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently got a booking to photograph a wedding that will be taking place next month in Arles and then on to a hotel in Carlow town. The hotel doesn't offer a huge amount in terms of gardens.
    I'm not familiar with the area myself and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of somewhere scenic close to Carlow town (preferably not too far from the side that the Courthouse is on)?
    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Anthony

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ducketts grove is used a lot for photos, as is the Browneshill dolmen.
    Handy for you might be the Hiberno-romanesque doorway in Killeshin or the river and weir at Milford is also used a lot

Milford
    http://www.askaboutireland.ie/show_asset.do?mb=1&asset_id=7462

Ducketts grove

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/Carlow_Pete/Ducketts%20Grove/

dolmen

http://www.carlow.pl/en/browneshill-dolmen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

The Gardens at St Dympnas Hospital are well kept.
    Also the Sensory Gardens are close by http://www.deltacentre.org/gardens.htm

Both are within a mile from the Courthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

+1 on the delta gardens my sister in law got married there last week and the pictures are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭schqually

Racso, Lucy and Byhook, thanks so much for your suggestions.

Thanks also for the links you posted - I like the sound of all suggestions, especially the dolmen and Duckett's Grove.
    I think that the Delta Gardens will be perfect - they look beautiful and they are nice and close to the venue.

Thanks again all,

Anthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Altamount Gardens will beat them all If ya ask me..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Altamount beautiful, but a good long way out.

Altamount beautiful, but a good long way out.

20 minute drive at worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Millford is beautiful! i had my weddin pics taken here and they turned out lovely..id post a pic but havent had them back from photographer yet. really pretty spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Outside the Workmans???

Only kidding. Leighlinbridge, ducketsgrove or Milford bridge is your best bit. Rathana near borris is a lovely spot too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

+1 Ducketts Grove

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trilla wrote: »
    Outside the Workmans???

Im having my reception there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

you marrying again?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

isnt there some place at kileshin:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Outside Pizza Hut? They have a famous rat there that's apparently as big as a cat. It's been on Joe Duffy and all!

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    isnt there some place at kileshin:confused:
    The old church has the Hiberno Romaesque doorway

http://www.pbase.com/image/56066133

testicle wrote: »
    Outside Pizza Hut? They have a famous rat there that's apparently as big as a cat. It's been on Joe Duffy and all!

lol..that was the funniest story I ever heard.

Couldn't eat their meal cos they seen a rat outside..lol, attention whores :D

ClioV6 wrote: »
    lol..that was the funniest story I ever heard.

Couldn't eat their meal cos they seen a rat outside..lol, attention whores :D
    They were looking not to have to pay for the meal.

They were looking not to have to pay for the meal.

Cheap attention whores so!

bet they'll go back to pizza hut too or another restaurant and try the same stunt.

Advertisement