Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending corners

Options
  • 22-09-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed that its much harder to defend against corners in PES 2008 than any of its predecessors? I find that when Im playing against England in particular, Beckham just whips the ball onto Crouch's head and theres absolutely nothing you can do to defend it. I lost 4-3 to England the other day and every goal was scored from a corner.

Does anyone have any tips on how to defend against corners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

use you trick button ( R2 on default controls on the ps3). hold it down and you can control a defender to move him in front of an attacking player or to nudge him back slightly. This works for attacking too and anywhere else on the pitch. if you have a strong defender it can be very effective as yuou can literally nudge the player away and have a free header. One thing it can be good for is long balls into the forwards and if you have a good forward with good body balance you can wait for the defender to jump for a clearing header and chances are they will mess it up leaving you with a clean run in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

I use that when defending long balls, although its a bit trickier trying to do it on corners.

Advertisement