Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player ratings

Options
  • 22-09-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Does anyone know how the player rating system works? The average rating my players get is between 5.5 and 6.0 per game. The highest I got was 8.50 after Rio Ferdinand scored a hatrick for me wuth Man U. I turned on CB overlap in the strategies and everytime you get the ball he pisses it up the other end into the opponents box, then id get ronaldo to ping it onto his head. However it wears down his stamina very quick though.

Anyway, back to my original point. Is this the same for anyone else:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

No, i only ever get 9s or 10s. I suggest you play better.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bren1609 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the player rating system works? The average rating my players get is between 5.5 and 6.0 per game. The highest I got was 8.50 after Rio Ferdinand scored a hatrick for me wuth Man U. I turned on CB overlap in the strategies and everytime you get the ball he pisses it up the other end into the opponents box, then id get ronaldo to ping it onto his head. However it wears down his stamina very quick though.

Anyway, back to my original point. Is this the same for anyone else:confused:

Generally yeah, find it very hard to get good ratings for most my players.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I think I may have got a 9.5 with RVN before but other than that its rarely above 8.

My m8 proclaims he got a 10 with someone, can't remember who, possibly Kaka but I don't beleive his evil lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I got 9.6 for Ronaldo the other night, every pass went to, he'd run with the ball, then smash it home. Every goal United scored was by him! I won 11-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I thought it went up in fives?

I think player ratings are determined by goals to shots ratio, possession, successful passing and fair play (conceding fouls, getting carded).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Nailz wrote: »
    I got 9.6 for Ronaldo the other night, every pass went to, he'd run with the ball, then smash it home. Every goal United scored was by him! I won 11-0.

I've never seen anything but multiples of 0.5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'm also going to call your bullsh*t here nailz :D I've only ever seen it go in multiples of 0.5...unless you can prove it ;)

Best I got was a 9.5 with Rooney.

Haha, yeah... I was being sarcastic, but as I say "Sarcasm doesn't transmit well in writing!" ;) Yeah I got 9.5 with Ronnie, used them tactics, but I only won 8-2! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Haha, yeah... I was being sarcastic, but as I say "Sarcasm doesn't transmit well in writing!" ;) Yeah I got 9.5 with Ronnie, used them tactics, but I only won 8-2! :D

8.5 was the highest I've gotten, a hat-trick of goals and assists with Kuyt of all people!

On a related note I've followed the ratings of players who get player of the season like Joe Cole, I then play against Chelseas he wouldnt get a sniff but they still rate him as 7.5-8.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The ratings system may seem ridiculous compared to what we are used to here with the likes of football manager or UK newspaper ratings. However, in countries like Portugal, Spain and Italy media ratings are notoriously harsh - and 7 / 10 would mean that a player played very well as opposed to it being used over here to denote little more than an above average performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I never do well with cristiano ronaldo. I have scored hattricks with him and heonly scores a 7 and I go do the same with Rooney and he gets and 8.5 or a 9 or Anderson scores 1 and he gets a 7.5.

Well that's because Anderson is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

3 goals, 2 assists and a clean sheet with Toure in a 9-0 win over Newcastle. I only received a 9.0. Best I've got in PES2008 or Pro Evo as it should be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Well that's because Anderson is a legend.

well this I do know.

Just got a 9.5 with Rooney. 3 goals 2 assists with Rooney in a 5-1 win seemed to do it but it was the first match I decided to play him in AMF so maybe that has something to do with it.

Tevez and Rooney are like we terriers, so it would make sence playing them further down the pitch.

Advertisement