Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Visa

Options
  • 22-09-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

today my working holiday visa to nz was approved. It has an expiry date of 22 Sep 2009. Does this mean my work permit will expire on this date or does it run 12 months from day i arrive in nz? not going till february and not entirely sure about the whole process so any info will be of help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

PaddyCar wrote: »
    today my working holiday visa to nz was approved. It has an expiry date of 22 Sep 2009. Does this mean my work permit will expire on this date or does it run 12 months from day i arrive in nz? not going till february and not entirely sure about the whole process so any info will be of help.

It means that you have until 22nd September to get to NZ.

Once you arrive your visa is valid from one year from the date you arrived

e.g. I got my WHV in November and arrived in NZ the following May. My WHV visa is therefore valid until next May.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

watna wrote: »
    It means that you have until 22nd September to get to NZ.

Once you arrive your visa is valid from one year from the date you arrived

e.g. I got my WHV in November and arrived in NZ the following May. My WHV visa is therefore valid until next May.

Just don't do like a girl I met in Auckland, who got distracted in SE Asia, and miscalculated, and got to NZ two days after the expiry date of her WHV and had to make do with a tourist visa. :)

Advertisement