Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibood: 22/09/08: Sanyo Xacti HD1000 Full HD Camcorder

Options
  • 22-09-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Sanyo Xacti HD1000 Full HD Camcorder

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/iboodSpecs.php

from "€899.95" to 400 lids + ship.

Bargain or junk?
    Anyone used this model?

Undecided on whether to go with HDV over HDD or SD based camcorders due to compression etc....

Advice appreciated.

Cheers.
    Q.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

quintron wrote: »
    Sanyo Xacti HD1000 Full HD Camcorder

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/iboodSpecs.php

from "€899.95" to 400 lids + ship.

Bargain or junk?
    Anyone used this model?

Undecided on whether to go with HDV over HDD or SD based camcorders due to compression etc....

Advice appreciated.

Cheers.
    Q.

The Sanyo Xacti range are budget HD camcorders as as such, image quality is generally average. Check out this review for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Cheers Rsaeire. Yes, I've read the reviews, some lauding it, others more prosaic.
    I am aware its somewhat of a budget model.
    Was hoping some people on the board have actual experience with the device?
    Q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

A bit late now as its sold out but I have one and love it!

Its simply stunning in bright areas and its above average in darker areas!

The best thing about it is its size, you can bring it everywhere easily enough, unlike the old Sony TVR 950 which I changed from! The Sony Mini DV was great for at home but never really left the house as it was too bulky! I was always running out of dv tapes as I never wanted to tape over tapes in case I lost the copies I made. The Sanyo uses SD cards which you can backup to an external harddrive like an archos or an ipod when you are on holidays!

Its great that I can just copy over clips and jpegs to my PS3 and play them from it on my Pio plasma!

Cheers branners,
    I missed the boat on it today but I'll probably pick up something similar when I'm stateside over xmas. Looking for something small. Cheers again.
    Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

heh heh, just reading the posts on their forum, and someone pointed this out from their description:
    Sanyo’s HD1000 embiggens an impressive arsenal incorporated within it’s lightweight and tiny sized pistol-grip body, which include both a CMOS sensor and a high precision lens for capturing realistic Full HD (1920 x 1080) images

• Advertisement

yeah those shills.. erm I mean "genuine punters" really know how to "big up" a product on the forum. Its always good for a laugh..

"It has all needed features +the looks."
    "I agree, CMOS sensor, Image Stabiliser, Full HD and here they have packed it into excellent casing."
    "I don’t see another solution then just to buy it :)"

barf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

heh heh, just reading the posts on their forum, and someone pointed this out from their description:

a quite cromulent description i think you'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ovrin

thinking of buying xacti hd1010.470euro from camerabox.does anybody out there have any first hand experience with this camcorder.ive read lots of reviews but want to hear something from an owner of one.pros and cons ie.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I have the Sanyo HD1000, I find it brilliant to be honest. I replaced my high end Sony 3CCD mini DV camcorder with it.

The main advantage over my old camcorder is the size of it! Before I wasnt bothered bringing my camcorder to places due its bulkiness. The HD fits into a large coat pocket easy enough. I carry it everywhere and have much more footage than I ever had using my old camcorder!

The quality for me is very impressive, especially in bright scenes. It can struggle in dark places but you can increase the iso to over come this.

The memory card storage could be a problem for some people especially on holidays when your not near your pc. I always have my Archos 605 on holidays with me and the camera comes with a usb cable which connects to the Archos so I can download my photos and vids to it and free up the memory card!

The battery life is fine, I have two batteries and have never had a problem with running out of power. I playback my vids on my PS3 and they look stunning. I have it set to 720p as at 1080p the file sizes were huge!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Cheers

Branners

Advertisement