Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From FAS To The US?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 10:14pm

(Very likely that i'm posting in the wrong section. If so, mods, feel free to move it to the right place :) )

I've heard that if you're unemployed for x amount of time, you can apply to do something with FAS. Essentially they send you to the US/Canada and set up a job for you for X amount of time...?

Sadly.. thats all i know. And i heard it a while back.

A cousin of mine was on the dole for 8 months before and he ended up in Canada (not sure what he was doing over there exactly, i think it was something to do with trucks, or driving them or something along those lines, as i way it was a while ago i heard it, as in years ago).

I was wondering if such a thing still exists? And if so, how you go about doing it?

I've been on the dole for well over a year and had no luck getting a job. I'd like to get out of here.

Advertisement