Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key word not being picked up by google

Options
  • 21-09-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

hey all! google has had the pages of my site RateMyJ1.com indexed for a couple of weeks, but it wont pick up on J1 as a keyword on my pages! is there some reason for it?

When i use SeoQuake to check my keyword density it doesnt show up at all on my keywords, if anyone can help i would be much appreciative!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It takes time to get index by Google properly. A new domain could take up to 6 months to start showing on the first pages so grab a holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

shoot, was meant to put this in the SEO forum!?!? would it be possible for a mod to move it thanks!!

louie wrote: »
    It takes time to get index by Google properly. A new domain could take up to 6 months to start showing on the first pages so grab a holiday...

it is showing up on first pages for certain keywords but it wont recognise the word J1 as a keyword...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

You've over 17 million pages of competition. It's going to take a long time to get to the top for that keyword.

tomED wrote: »
    You've over 17 million pages of competition. It's going to take a long time to get to the top for that keyword.
    i dont care where i rank but it doesnt pick up on the keyword at all, it says there are 0 occurances both in my text and keywords, thats what i am confused about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

i dont care where i rank but it doesnt pick up on the keyword at all, it says there are 0 occurances both in my text and keywords, thats what i am confused about!

Huh?

Are you talking about Webmaster Tools?
    If you do a search on google on your domain for j1, you'll see Google clearly sees the keyword on your site. http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enIE271IE271&q=site%3Aratemyj1.com+j1&meta=

So if it's in Webmaster Tools, again you need a lot more time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

You haven’t specified any! You have plenty of ‘meta content’ but no specified (meta) keywords.

Have sent you a PM

Cheers

C

tomED wrote: »
    Huh?

Are you talking about Webmaster Tools?
    If you do a search on google on your domain for j1, you'll see Google clearly sees the keyword on your site. http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enIE271IE271&q=site%3Aratemyj1.com+j1&meta=

So if it's in Webmaster Tools, again you need a lot more time....

i am using SeoQuake and it was not picking up the keyword J1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Maybe SEOquake doesn't recognise it as a proper word because it's not in its dictionary or something. I wouldn't worry about it anyway. As Tom displayed, the keyword is appearing on your pages.

Advertisement