Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attn: Anyone in negative equity

Options
  • 21-09-2008 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Who's laughing now btch? Ha Ha. And oh yeah, it's gonna get even worse!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, I'm still reporting the post though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Who's laughing now btch? Ha Ha. And oh yeah, it's gonna get even worse!

Why the hell would you be happy due to other folks misery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

i think we should promote book smarts to moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

yeah everyone in negative equity is fecked for the rest of their life and really should just consider suicide. Plus i seen a granny falling in the street today, it was funny as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

He might be referring to idiots who were buying up houses and flippin keeping average joe from buying a house and swanning around in there new bmw's that the banks owned..

for these people i dont have much sympathy either

i have a small bit for average joe but at the end of the day if people put some effort into researching the biggest purchase of their life there would be alot less misery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I've no sympathy for the patronising 'rent is dead money' brigade. I quite enjoy the fact that they've lost 100K in the last two years.

this should be in after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 33,118 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because for years they've been telling that they're better than me because they've got a mortgage.... woo hoo....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Because for years they've been telling that they're better than me because they've got a mortgage.... woo hoo....

I doubt somehow they actually were coming out and telling you that they were better than you because they have a mortgage?

I dunno what you're laughing about anyway, the house price collapse is not just gonna effect those who own houses.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,118 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kippy wrote: »
    I doubt somehow they actually were coming out and telling you that they were better than you because they have a mortgage?

I dunno what you're laughing about anyway, the house price collapse is not just gonna effect those who own houses.
    Kippy

Oh, you could tell it. There was more respect - espeically in terms of expanded family.
    "When is Max going to get a mortgage?"
    "He says he wants to... (hushed voice) travel."
    "Oh... that's nice... Darren's got one already. He's getting extra hours at the building site AND he's talking about talking out a second one! He really has his future sown up there - we're so proud!"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thats not exactly saying that they were better than you.......(to me anyway)

As I said, theres a lot more than house owners being/going to be effected by the current climate -just in the fact that not all house oweners are actually effected in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Most people who bought in years before the crash were smug about the increasing prices without giving consideration to others who had yet to buy(Due to attending college, low grad salary,single income, low income,illness or whatever). They felt vindicated that they had bought because their house rose 50/100k in a year and made no attempt to rationally analyse the sustainability and underlying economic fundamentals of their purchase and the wider economy. Now those who had to put up with the smugness and thought they were forever priced out of market are elated that they have a chance to buy and rub it in a bit to those previously smug people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I think moving this thread to After Hours wouldn't be a bad idea :D

Having said that, I'm personally delighted that I'm no longer being annoyed by people asking me when I'm going to buy a house

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread not funny enough. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement