Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Austrailia in the summer???

Options
  • 21-09-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Finshed my leaving cert this year and was wondering how you go about going there for a few months to work. e.g: rules,how much money you need,how to apply for visa,is it worth going,is it hardc to find work???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

There's a bunch of topics on this already. Do a search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

i reccomend plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Holllaments... seriously, go to bed or drink some coffee or something.

OP, as pucan said there's been a number of similar topics recently, especially on how much money to bring. There was a very good thread on that. There's also been a number of threads on the best place in Aus to live. You might find those helpful. You're questions are quite broad ranging so I think you'd get better answers by checking a good few threads and asking specific questions there.

btw Pucan, there was a more helpful way to tell the OP to search.

How long are you going to go for? From what I've heard if people only go for 2/3 months (I'm using this as an example becuse you've said going to Aus in the summer so I'm presuming you're going for the summer hols) they tend to regret it later as you can only get the working holiday visa once and it's a bit of a waste if you only use 2/3 months of it. If you get the WHV you can never get one again, so if you want to go back, you're screwed.

I got my working holiday visa online through the new zealand government immigration site. It was extremely easy and cheap. I'm presuming the Aus thing is similar. I really wouldn't recommend going through visa agencies, they cost a lot more and don't save you that much time/effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

watna wrote: »

btw Pucan, there was a more helpful way to tell the OP to search.

Consider me chastised. I will endeavour to be a more productive member of society.:)

Advertisement