Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I let out my spare room for short periods?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I have a spare room that I need sometimes. Mostly it just sits there, I'd love to rent it out but can't guarantee it being always available ie I might need it for a week or two every 3-6 months. So Iwas thinking of people who are after quite short term or flexible accom. Anyone got any ideas on where I could advertise it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I always use Gumtree for this. www.gumtree.ie
    There's a section for short term lets and it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Daft seems the other obvious site. You could put it in the Short-Term and/or Sharing sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think the best way to go about it would be to avertise it as available for a specific period, e.g. 2 months and then, if you don't need it the person can stay until you do need it. Telling someone that they will be living there on a week to week basis will severely limit the pool of possible tenants.

Lots of places you can advertise: here, local shop / community notice board, websites.

Advertisement