Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usa embassy appointment

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

Alright, so due to a mixup i'm on standby any day now for an appointment to get the seal of approval on my work permit. what can i expect when i'm there? I've never had a visa with the states before or any run ins with the gardai. I have a check list of the forms i need, my passport, passport photos, postal order/bank draft and then my self addressed envelope. am i forgeting anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What kind of work permit are you getting? You may need a letter from your employer/ university. Other than that, just make sure you fill in the forms exactly as they ask. The staff are pretty friendly, but you may wait around for several hours in the waiting room, so bring a good book (I don't recommend bringing an MP3 player as I am not sure they'd let you through security with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I'm geting sponsored by a company over in the states for an internship. h1b visa i think its called. yeah, i know i'm terrible but the us company and the company they hired to set me up for the visa on this side are handling it and i've all the forms ready for them but i hadn't a clue what to expect at the embassy.

Advertisement