Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargers

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

There was a discussion on battery chargers yesterday at HRTA.
    I figure I'd put a link to the one I have.

Linky

I got this one after my batteries had been buggered by a different charger I had, so it ended up being a fairly expensive buy (after buying replacement batteries as well).

Very good, fast, reliable and safe charger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

I never understood chargers too much to be honest. The only one I have is a cheap little RC Car one I got out in MIA when I was short on cash.

What exactly should be looked for in a charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Use only the correct charger. Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer batteries can catch fire if incorrectly charged.

Also, they really don't like to be kept at a full charge (e.g in a Laptop which is always connected to mains power). Luckily that's not usually a problem in an AEG :)

Charging lithium-ion batteries
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm

Lithium-ion Battery Charging Basics
    http://www.powerstream.com/li.htm

Wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

"Li-ion batteries are not as durable as nickel metal hydride or nickel-cadmium designs and can be extremely dangerous if mistreated."

Li batteries are as safe as any other battery technology if treated properly. But they can bite, and careless or improper treatment will be punished.

One of the real experts (Dex maybe?) will weigh in shortly. But the takeaway point is use the right charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

<3 pro-peak. it's the one NakedDex recommended to me and is foolproof, plug it in and hit the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Ansmann smart charger (not the basic one). I can't fault it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

pauls charger in HRTA,

Cant fault it, coz i never see it meself, just give paul the battery., :)

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

TLP EXPRO II from airsofteire for the win as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TLP EXPRO II from airsofteire for the win as they say.

Yeah, Expro or Pros seem good. Avoid the 4000Cs though, wish I'd invested morethan $40 now :|

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Avoid the 4000Cs though :|

I strongly agree, mine is noisy and doesn't charge the batteries fully. I actually have to triple charge a battery to get a full charge.

Advertisement