Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACM - any good?

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I'm looking at buying an ACM scope (well, more of a zoom thing).
    Does anyone have any experience with an ACM scope/red-dot?

Are they worth the money or just "for looks".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Which one? I bought one from Shiva's place for an M4, works the finest for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Don't think anyone here has it, but it's the A.C.M. 3x Magnifier I was looking into.

you got a link for it?

Just found a review of it. Looks like it's good.
    Here's the > link <

Hmm, very nice. looks the biz, get one!

• Advertisement

Yup. Getting it along with a Flip To Side mount :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

That's not actually a scope, clue's in the name, it's a magnifier for a dot-sight. They're for placing in front of an in magnified sight, such as an aimpoint or eotech. It doesn't have any aiming reticle on it.

Yes I'm aware of what it is and how it's used. Hence my saying "zoom thing" and getting a flip to side mount. Thanks though.

My question was in relation to the quality of ACM products in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have one of those nhedge, they are not bad as it happens. the eye relief is not great but for the money and airsoft, its more then good enough IMHO.

i might be out playing next saturday i can bring it along if you want a looksee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ACM just means "all china made",
    the particular one you linked there, i have that on my scar in front of an eotech. its just a magnifer as said above so no cross hair but it can be used very effectively as a scope (since the BB never hits bang on anyway)., it has a quick release catch on it that makes it really handy for use as a spotting scope if you need, i often use it like that if im sitting in a tree so i can call out locations to team mates., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

vtec wrote: »
    ACM just means "all china made",
    the particular one you linked there, i have that on my scar in front of an eotech. its just a magnifer as said above so no cross hair but it can be used very effectively as a scope (since the BB never hits bang on anyway)., it has a quick release catch on it that makes it really handy for use as a spotting scope if you need, i often use it like that if im sitting in a tree so i can call out locations to team mates., :)

Ooo any pics floating about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Motosam wrote: »
    Ooo any pics floating about?

i got mine on the auction site. i have the twist mount -- still need to get the pivot one. i might try yer man at ebanned for that.

moto if you want piccies, i will do some tomorrow. mine seems to align with an aimpoint reddot on the twist mount. i didnt actually try it with the eotech one as it seemed quite high.

there is a few sites now doing the pivot and the sight together for about 90ish dollars (from memory).

http://www.tacticalgeardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=318

i thought the twist mount was a waste, until vtec there posted how he uses it. bugger never thought of that.

i too have mine on a scar....ever since the video was posted way back, it just seemed the place to put it. looks good on an m4 as well...but then doesnt everything? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I was actually hoping richie had a pic of it on the scar with the eotech, sounds snazzy, Id love to see it.

off topic?

Nah, its acm too ;)

I'd love to have a look at it.
    I should be there next Sat as well.

I have a G&P Aimpoint replica, but want to get some magnification for spotting - seeing as my eyesight isn't the best :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no probs sam, i'll take a pic later on when im home.,:)

Advertisement