Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PHOENIX PARK MOTOR RACES 2008

Options
  • 21-09-2008 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anybody know if the phoenix park motor races are going ahead for 2008 ? .. the website constantly says updating for 2008 and i know there have been some financial difficulties staging the event in recent years and it's normally run in August which is long gone.
    If anybody knows anything please let me know as it's my annual pilgrimage !! Let me know dates if it is going ahead.

Cheers All
    Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 RS1700T

NOTHING FOR 2008 , LOSSES OF 38k EURO ON 06/07 EVENTS ,motorsport ireland had the losses , and were not prepared to underwrite 08 , there is talk of an event in 09 , time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 buzzing247

Many Thanks for your swift reply ... Shame to see the races not going ahead this year - I've been for years and years as my gran lives at The Hole In The Wall Pub so went to them all - Moved To Athy 2 years ago and have brought my son up every time since .... I understand Losses can't be absorbed for the sake of it so i'll keep my fingers crossed for an event next year and will continue to support them when they are staged ...
    I do have to say though if suggestion were ever needed, i have not once heard any advertisement for the races any year i have gone and i'm ashamed to admit that theres a few years in there !! I've have only ever found out about them by asking Phoenix park residents and checking the internet - There were even 2 years when the only way i found out about them was from my gran ringing me on Saturday morning to tell me she could hear the drivers practicing early in the morning - There are alot of motor shows occuring of late each year which attract 10's of thousands of punters and would possibly be a great place to advertise by way of flyer at the door on the way in ... I'd even be more than willing, if flyers and posters were available next year, to distribute them around Athy town to try and help the event survive. I know advertising costs money that may not be available and i would never dream of telling anybody how to do their job but it could be worth looking into for future events as it really is a shame to have an event so rich in heritage fall by the wayside.

Thanks Again !!
    Ronan

Advertisement