Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in USA/Canada

Options
  • 21-09-2008 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm doin the h-dip at the moment. A few of my friends are livin over in the states and I would like to take a year out before looking for a teaching permenancy here in Ireland.

Firstly, does anyone know how ya go about gettin a visa to work in the USA? Secondly, would it be possible for me to teach over in America? I plan to go in July for 12 months so that should fit in with an academic year over there.

I teach maths and science so I wonder if I made contact with a few schools over there would they help me out with a visa application.

Any advice or contacts greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i was looking into myself at one stage and found this website good if you're thinking of canada
    http://www.educationcanada.com/
    it also links you to other helpful sites

as far as i could see it very much depends on the area you're planning on going to. if you are definite about teaching there, you will have to do a medical that is organised by the canadian embassy before you head off, and also join an equivalent of their teaching council.

hope this helps

Advertisement