Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call For Arms...

Options
  • 20-09-2008 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Well, as I'm sure you've all gathered at this stage we're putting a significant amount of effort and detail into organising the new DCU Airsoft Society for both airsoft enthusiasts and DCU students alike.

We're planning a massive "Clubs and Societies Day" show, with sample guns, gear and equipment. For this day, we've gained the sponsorship of a mobile marketing company based in Dublin.

Basically, they've given us free use of a text service. Subsequently, we'll be running a competition for DCU students who sign up to the society. A picture will be circulated of airsoft players kitted out in full camo-gear in a skirmish setting and you must simply answer the question of "how many airsoft players are in this image". Texting "DCU - *student number* - *answer* to our number will enter you into the competition. (Only normal text rates apply, we're not charging or earning anything on this.)

For this competition we have/will be getting in contact with airsoft retailers and skirmish sites for support. Long story short, we are looking for and would be extremely grateful for donation of gear/vouchers/equipment or anything airsoft related for the competition to promote both our society and airsoft.

If anyone can provide us with help or suggestions on this issue please reply or pm me. :)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

irlande wrote: »
    Well, as I'm sure you've all gathered at this stage we're putting a significant amount of effort and detail into organising the new DCU Airsoft Society for both airsoft enthusiasts and DCU students alike.

We're planning a massive "Clubs and Societies Day" show, with sample guns, gear and equipment. For this day, we've gained the sponsorship of a mobile marketing company based in Dublin.

Basically, they've given us free use of a text service. Subsequently, we'll be running a competition for DCU students who sign up to the society. A picture will be circulated of airsoft players kitted out in full camo-gear in a skirmish setting and you must simply answer the question of "how many airsoft players are in this image". Texting "DCU - *student number* - *answer* to our number will enter you into the competition. (Only normal text rates apply, we're not charging or earning anything on this.)

For this competition we have/will be getting in contact with airsoft retailers and skirmish sites for support. Long story short, we are looking for and would be extremely grateful for donation of gear/vouchers/equipment or anything airsoft related for the competition to promote both our society and airsoft.

If anyone can provide us with help or suggestions on this issue please reply or pm me. :)

Thanks guys.

Pfft dcu :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

Doomofman wrote: »
    Pfft dcu :P

:P don't be hatin'!
    We're just like the rest of you airsoft players, want to spread the sport as best as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

:P don't be hatin'!
    We're just like the rest of you airsoft players, want to spread the sport as best as possible :)

maybe but im sure most of us dont have acess to a student union bar .......

maybe but im sure most of us dont have acess to a student union bar .......

Been to the nubar? You're really not missing much.

Anyway, trailing a bit here.

:) we're really looking for support and donations, not jabs at the university lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Been to the nubar? You're really not missing much.

I've been to that place maybe once in the last year, Old bar was so much better.

When is the clubs and socs day on?

• Advertisement

Clubs and Socs day is in Week 2!
    The 7th and 8th of October I do believe.

We're hopin to have all of this finalised by mid-next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

I'm sure we will be able to help in some way man.

Can you email us what you need to airsoftreloaded@gmail.com and we will sort something out I'm sure!

I'm sure we will be able to help in some way man.

Can you email us what you need to airsoftreloaded@gmail.com and we will sort something out I'm sure!

Just sent you an e-mail there, very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xx*Sandra*xx

Freaking student leeches!! Why dont you boys get jobs!!!

Ha only flessing :)

Students with jobs?! Thats crazy talk!

:P

But hey, we are leeching to spread airsoft! Thats a good cause, is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

Thanks guys.

contact me by pm or send us an e-mail and we will be glad to help out
    regards evelyn. www.g-tac.eu

:) I must admit I'm extremely taken back and grateful of the reaction of the community.

Everyone who has both supplied and offered to supply donations for the event is doing us a great favour and it really is appreciated.

Thank you all very sincerely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

Best of luck with this event anything we can do to help to grow airsoft we are just a call away

Skirmish Airsoft Command:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

pm sent David;)

Bren

Advertisement