Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter(ST) GGPO

Options
  • 20-09-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I love street fighter and currently lay a lot of ST(super turbo) through ggpo and 2df and was wondering were there any other Irish people who play as its mostly american and Japanese players which is mostly fine but the tiniest bit of input lag can really affect a game of street fighter.
    My ggpo tag is Blagdhalia.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

They're interesting enough (basically a self contained front end for a few different emu's that allow seamless internet play), but ..
    I had a fair few problems with 2df, despite me having the correct ports open it refused point blank to allow me to host and GGPO doesnt really have that many games (I mean no SFII that I could see??? madness) that interest me.
    Plus it seems to be skewed towards capcom one on one fighters for the most part.(I'd much rather some konami or data east beat em up's myself)
    If there was a few people here playing I'd definetly give it a shot again , but given the lineup of games I'd reckon any matchup I got would be against some korean 12 year old who'se memorised all the combos..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The only version of Street Fighter 2 supported by ggpo is the glorious super turbo(is any other version really required?) which just happens to be my favourite version but I guess it would be nice to have hyper fighting on there too but unfortunately hyper fighting is slowly losing its base,even on xbox live.

I've never really had any trouble hosting matches it's just when theres a high ping there's inevitably slight input lag which for want of a better expression melts my head.Against anyone from Uk and Ireland its terrific so if you intend to try it again let me know and I'll give ya a few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

blag wrote: »
    The only version of Street Fighter 2 supported by ggpo is the glorious super turbo(is any other version really required?) which just happens to be my favourite version but I guess it would be nice to have hyper fighting on there too but unfortunately hyper fighting is slowly losing its base,even on xbox live.

I've never really had any trouble hosting matches it's just when theres a high ping there's inevitably slight input lag which for want of a better expression melts my head.Against anyone from Uk and Ireland its terrific so if you intend to try it again let me know and I'll give ya a few games.

Yeah, ST is the best because it's the most balanced version of SFII. HF is broken, 3 hit dizzys? no throw softening? So silly.
    Anyway we can play some ST on GGPO. My username is XTheWitchX

Advertisement