Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste of 4 pages of paper from every automated Westlink toll bridge invoice

Options
  • 20-09-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

How come the NRA issues out 4 pages of documentation with every automated invoice that is posted out regarding the Westlink.

These invoices are churned out in their thousands every day from a large computer that automatically picks up registration plates from dozens of cameras on a gantry along the M50 (ANPR.)

I can only see one reason for all this and that is that the NRA bureaucrats are trying to pi**is off the greenys and those concerned about the environment and hoping that they will promote the use of electronic tagging which is paperless.

Many of these are being sent out to people who were never near the toll bridge and are thus discarded. This is an appalling waste of paper and should be stopped immediately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

It's not this that pisses off us "greeneys", it's the fact that the NRA so ardently encourages motorways and toll bridges in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Actually I thought of this the other day. I received a 4 page notice on how my not paying the €3 was a criminal offence....etc etc, even though I had paid the toll. I called EFlow up and spoke to a guy with an English accent who told me that "it was a mistake and that around 10,000 people have received the same thing"... I couldnt believe my ears. So that was it... imagine 40,000 printouts for nothing. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,963 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Húrin wrote: »
    It's not this that pisses off us "greeneys", it's the fact that the NRA so ardently encourages motorways and toll bridges in the first place.

Well since roads are their job I'd hope they encourage there use.

Maybe get someone from the Department of the Enviroment to be proactive like the NRA are and we wouldn't have roads and toll bridges everywhere;)

Advertisement