Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Here live in Tasmania

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Im off to aussie and moving to tasmania. anyone live there or has been there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheDude2008

nobody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I was there in 2002. Spent 2 weeks there, launceston, hobart. Hired a old mini and drove around staying in caravans etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'm going next month for a week.
    I'll review and rate it for you!

chers one cold hand. I intend on moving to launceston , looks like a nice city and there seems to be a good few pubs , wich helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yeah, Launceston is supposed to be quite nice. Apparently all Tassie in general is pretty quiet. I wouldn't be going for the parties!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

My old boss went he loves it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassle

That's where I am now. Living in Hobart for a year. Tasmania in general is pretty quiet. Hobart would probably be better if you're looking for good nightlife though. Most people come to Tassie for the outdoor experience, mountain climbing, wineglass bay, etc. But beware, everyone here are ridiculously friendly...I don't trust it.

well cassle the reason im picking tasmania is beacuse it sounds like i will like it, have lived in alaska in the usa b4 so i think that is the closest thing like that in aus, plus i dont want to go to a place where theres thousands of irish or backpackers living, want to go to aus to meet the aussies.
    So cassie was it easy to get work in hobart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

well cassle the reason im picking tasmania is beacuse it sounds like i will like it, have lived in alaska in the usa b4 so i think that is the closest thing like that in aus, plus i dont want to go to a place where theres thousands of irish or backpackers living, want to go to aus to meet the aussies.
    So cassie was it easy to get work in hobart?

You could just try going to that sheep shagger place behind the Ilac , sorry the Woolpack.

Advertisement