Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Difference Sydney vs Melbourne

Options
  • 19-09-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm planning arriving in Australia towards the end of January and am unsure whether to settle is Sydney or Melbourne. My brother spent a year in sydney and highly recommends it but it looks like my friends are edging more towards booking Melbourne.

I'm sick of irish weather so if there is a difference between the two above cities thats really my deciding factor.

Also, i suppose if there are better job opportunities for structural/civil engineers in either one would decide it as well

Any help much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Winter is quite a bit colder in Melbourne than in Sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Construction industry trades are welcomed everywhere here.

Melbourne is colder than sydney in winter but not as bad as ireland.

Melbourne is better though imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Melbourne: four seasons in one day. First thing in the morning, it can be cool, breezy, even a little chilly, overcast. (By chilly, I mean 18 degrees.) By noon it can then be 28 degrees and sunny, up to 32 and humid in the thick of the afternoon. That evening it'll be 26 degrees and humid as hell. That night it'll drop to 12 degrees.

In Melbourne, you dress in layers - because you could need a jacket and a vest in the same day.

Advertisement