Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow next Monday?

Options
  • 19-09-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

I was talking to an old lady in my local last night and she told me that it was sure to snow this Monday coming. At first i thought she was a bit crazy but she has been right about things like this in the past, two weeks before the 9/11 twin tower attacks she told me that snow was coming and it did.

She seems to know what she's talking about, so does anyone here have any info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Supercell informed me via pm, after consultations with his snow rabbit, that it does appear there as if there will be snow next monday on Elbrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Supercell informed me via pm, after consultations with his snow rabbit, that it does appear there as if there will be snow next monday on Elbrus.

Indeed, guaranteed, sure doesn't it snow every September here? Snow rabbit misses his Mayo brethren, he's just waiting for the right conditions to go on a cross country marathon hop.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Eh? Who has been smokin da funny stuff then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

With temperatures of 15 to 18C this Monday theres a chance that the road should be safe for travelling, however the County Meath snow ploughs will remain on standby:). Bus Eireann and national rail services should be running to a normal schedule hopefully:)

Jaysus lads, a few days of fine weather and it's gone to your heads already!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 noobie

Snow next Monday? - 'No' tbh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

two weeks before the 9/11 twin tower attacks she told me that snow was coming and it did.

She seems to know what she's talking about

errr... 9/11 and snow... hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Call me cynical, but.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Heres one for ye. IN May of 2000 I went to a fortune teller in Clondalkin and I asked her would there be any thunderstorms for Dublin that summer. Without hesitation she said there would be thunder in Dublin at the end of August and again in September. Right enough widespread and prolonged outbreaks of thunder occured in Dublin on the 25th of August and again in September although Septembers was only thundery showers, Was it a good guess or what!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

paulhac wrote: »
    Heres one for ye. IN May of 2000 I went to a fortune teller in Clondalkin and I asked her would there be any thunderstorms for Dublin that summer. Without hesitation she said there would be thunder in Dublin at the end of August and again in September.

Was this the fortune teller by any chance?cusacke.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

No she wasnt as goodlooking as evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If shes talking about neeeeeeext Monday i wouldn't give her a 0% chance!

A 0.5% chance!

Recm1921.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

Will i guess the old woman was wrong this time.:eek:

I won't be listening to anymore of here predictions especially after she's had a few drinks.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,601 ✭✭✭squonk

What's this Snow Rabbit thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

squonk wrote: »
    What's this Snow Rabbit thing?
    :D Do a search and see what you find.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Danno wrote: »

Indeed, Rabbitus Mayois in the flesh, otherwise known as "Snow Rabbit"..you couldn't make it up :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sure her predictions for the end of the week are nothing but guesswork, never mind several months in advance! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Sure her predictions for the end of the week are nothing but guesswork, never mind several months in advance! :pac:
    :eek: Leave our EV alone

:)

Advertisement