Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzcocks - Baileyless

Options
  • 19-09-2008 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Bill Bailey is packing in his stint as captain on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Pity really liked him, and would much rather Jupitus gave it up, but if they find the right replacement it should carry on nicely - Amsell replacing whats-his-name showing how the show can easily be rejuvenated and kept fresh(drop Jupitus).
    So who would you like to see filling Baileys shoes?
    Heres a recent class moment from Bailey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

thought Bill was looking a bit less enthusiastic in the last couple of seasons (maybe since Lamarr left) so not that surprised really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Bit disappointed with that. He was always fairly reliable to be funny even with bad guests.

Hope Noel Fielding doesn't get it, although he'd seem the obvious choice after last season.

EDIT: Just read on wikipedia it'll be a differant guest panelist every week. Looks like they're going for the Have I Got News For You approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Aww. He's my favourite. He probably go a bit bored, it's had the same format since the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I thought Amsell was just a temp?

Replacement suggestions for Bailey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

armour87 wrote: »
    I thought Amsell was just a temp?

Amstell is there 2 seasons now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. Bill Bailey was great on it. Phill Jupitus should pack it in.. he's getting unfunnier by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ohh noooooooo it wont be the same without Bill!!
    I wouldn't mind Noel Fielding getting it, he was good when he filled in for Bill on a few episodes of the last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's a pity Bill is leaving. He has seemed distant and not entirely following the show for a while however.

Anyone know when the new series is starting? I'm getting a bit tired of seeing the same stuff repeated on Dave (though seeing Preston walk off for the third time was still funny :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's a pity he's leaving, but having new guest captains will be interesting.

I like both Bailey and Jupitus, but Bailey was funnier!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Shame about Bill. I think that Phil Jupitus should take a hike - was he ever funny? Saw one of his stand up routines and I found my granny's funeral more amusing.

I thought that Amstell was re-joining the series after a month, for some reason or other, and that the guest-host was only temporary. Another shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

He was looking bored alright

Interesting bit with Sean Hughes talking about his stint on the show, Jason Byrne who is doing the interview aggreeing with him
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tools_and_services/podcasts/article2313941.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is it coming back?

the blame game is back tonight at half 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

is it coming back?

2nd of October I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh no!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

+1 more vote for Noel Fielding as the replacement, although i will miss Bill.

Advertisement