Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This might be too easy but here goes..

Options
  • 18-09-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

who is the only player to have played in every single position for his club, including goalkeeper? dont google it guys :)

EDIT: theres two of them, that i know of anyway, surprise me :)

btw im talkin about soccer guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What sport??? There would be literally hundreds in the GAA but if its soccer your talking of i assume John O'Shea is one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Roy of the Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

John "the cat" O' Shea must be one anyway.

I'll guess Phil Jagielka as the other, don't know of him playing up front, but its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

raido9 wrote: »
    John "the cat" O' Shea must be one anyway.

I'll guess Phil Jagielka as the other, don't know of him playing up front, but its possible.

o'shea is correct, the second one is actually extremely difficult, i certainly didnt know it untill someone told me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There must be three then, Phil Jagielka has played everywhere on the pitch at different stages for Sheffield United. Its not a fact that I found anywhere I just know he has done.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    There must be three then, Phil Jagielka has played everywhere on the pitch at different stages for Sheffield United. Its not a fact that I found anywhere I just know he has done.

Phil jagielka has never played as a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

richie_os wrote: »
    Phil jagielka has never played as a striker
    Are you certain, I am pretty certain he played there for Sheffield United when both Asaba and Peschisolido got injured in one game. I'm pretty certain he was up front for the rest of the game.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you certain, I am pretty certain he played there for Sheffield United when both Asaba and Peschisolido got injured in one game. I'm pretty certain he was up front for the rest of the game.

i think i know the game youre talking about. was it in the FA cup during the famour neil warnock cup run? because i think in this match peter ndlovu was pushed up front in this match with michael tongue in behind him. i dunno though, you're probably right, im not exactly an avid sheffield united supporter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Con Martin is alleged to have played in every position for Ireland, including goalkeeper.

For those below the combover and prostate exam stage, Con Martin was the father of Mick Martin and played for Ireland in the 1940s and 1950s.

For those with bum fluff still on their chins Mick Martin was a midfielder/defender who moved from Bohemians to Manchester United in the 1970s and played for a myriad of football league teams including West Brom and Newcastle.

Also has the distinction of scoring goals for AND against Ireland. He suffered from the curse of the OG.

So that's my answer. Con Martin. How did I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭molby14

may be the south africian that was at leeds in the 90s/ 00s. lucas somthing was his name
    or its staunton. played all across the back and midfield. was in goal for about 12 minutes for liverpool(v everton) and came on as a forward under kenny in a league cup game v wigan and got a hat trick ( last sub to do that for liverpool)
    so i will go for stan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

gary doherty, dion dublin? i know they were both defenders/strikers so thats a bit of a stab!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 manfist

wouldnt be van der sar would it?
    i no he filled in as striker for the dutch team a few years into his carrer. so its just a long shot guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Niall Quinn? Saved a peno in nets for City anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

he could play anywhere

Advertisement