Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New irish comedy magazine?

Options
  • 17-09-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

A comedian friend showed me this. Apparently it's a new free magazine called Irish Comedy Review. He got it in the George's St cafe but they were all gone when I went in to grab one. Anyone seen it, or know anything about it? There's absolutely no mention of it online. It covers ALL irish comedy, not just TV names (there's no mention of my good self, but then thats nothing new). No idea who publishes it.

It's got Jarlath Regan on the cover.

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Haven't heard anything about it but will certainly keep an eye out for it, I'll let post here if I find anything out man, cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

there's no mention of my good self

Actually that may not be true. I just looked at the pictures...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wow, that sounds exciting. Must keep my eyes open for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 warrenmc

Hey, the best place to catch it is in trinity, you should find a few copies in the stands outside their S.U. shop. I think they should be topping up supplies in tower records, Film Base, the IFI and Laser soon too. But, trinity always has a plentiful supply.

Got a copy of it yesterday, tis a pretty cool magazine. Interviews with comedians, reviews of clubs, that kinda thing. There's a website for it that goes online on the 1st of October, irishcomedyreview.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

orestes wrote: »
    Got a copy of it yesterday, tis a pretty cool magazine. Interviews with comedians, reviews of clubs, that kinda thing. There's a website for it that goes online on the 1st of October, irishcomedyreview.ie

Dont suppose you managed to grab a second copy? I've looked in Tower etc. .. Cant get one.

Dont suppose you managed to grab a second copy? I've looked in Tower etc. .. Cant get one.

Sorry man, only managed t get the one, I'll keep an eye out though and nab a second one if I get the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Danger Bob

Hey Robbie (and other posters). I'm the editor (and publisher I suppose) of the magazine. We've got plenty out around the city but they've moved pretty fast so it's a bit of a race to keep them stocked in certain places.

Tower's not your best bet as they've generally only been willing to let us leave about 20 at a time, which sometimes get left out and sometimes don't. When they do, they go within the day. Trying to get a more regular situation going with them and a few other places so hopefully it'll be in all the important places all the time before the end of this week.

If you're desperate to get your hands on a copy, there are still about 100 sitting in Trinity College and a fair few in the IFI and Filmbase. I work in Trinity right now and the other two are dead sound about it so they're the easiest places to leave a big pile at a time. There's about 40 other locations in Dublin that might still have copies but round 2 of distribution doesn't kick off until tonight so I can't guarantee there all still stocked until then.

The mag goes online in about a fortnight too but, if you're really desperate to get a hold of one, pm me an address and I'll send a copy your way.

Danger Bob wrote: »
    Hey Robbie (and other posters). I'm the editor (and publisher I suppose) of the magazine. We've got plenty out around the city but they've moved pretty fast so it's a bit of a race to keep them stocked in certain places.

Tower's not your best bet as they've generally only been willing to let us leave about 20 at a time, which sometimes get left out and sometimes don't. When they do, they go within the day. Trying to get a more regular situation going with them and a few other places so hopefully it'll be in all the important places all the time before the end of this week.

If you're desperate to get your hands on a copy, there are still about 100 sitting in Trinity College and a fair few in the IFI and Filmbase. I work in Trinity right now and the other two are dead sound about it so they're the easiest places to leave a big pile at a time. There's about 40 other locations in Dublin that might still have copies but round 2 of distribution doesn't kick off until tonight so I can't guarantee there all still stocked until then.

The mag goes online in about a fortnight too but, if you're really desperate to get a hold of one, pm me an address and I'll send a copy your way.

Cheers for the info man, much appreciated! Best of luck with the magazine, great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Danger Bob wrote: »

fair play man! it is a really good idea, all the best with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Is it a bit like Jamie Redknapp mag for footballers?

http://www.iconmagazine.co.uk/home.html

Will it be advertising the lifestyle accessories of the comedy professional?
    Sandwich toasters and the likes.

Advertisement