Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord giving out

Options
  • 17-09-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

i think this is right place to ask my question if not please feel free to move,
    i live in dublin in one d-bed flat and last week fridge stop working rang landlord and he sent some one to replace it now new fridge doesn't fit under counter and its sitting in corner and i really need it. i rang to landlord and he start threatening me that he is going to through out my stuff if i ring him again. i try to ring him and he is not answering. now there are few other things need to be fixed but what are my options i mean what rights i have here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

wasim21k wrote: »
    i think this is right place to ask my question if not please feel free to move,
    i live in dublin in one d-bed flat and last week fridge stop working rang landlord and he sent some one to replace it now new fridge doesn't fit under counter and its sitting in corner and i really need it. i rang to landlord and he start threatening me that he is going to through out my stuff if i ring him again. i try to ring him and he is not answering. now there are few other things need to be fixed but what are my options i mean what rights i have here?

Contact www.threshold.ie immediately, tell them what happened, give them your LL's number, and let them sort him out.

He will throw your stuff out if you ring him again. FFS. Landlords in Ireland are the ultimate gombeen men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

what a scumbag. follow jackals advice, you cant let your landlord treat you in this way and expect to get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Ring him up and really hassle him. If he says you're out play along with it. As soon as he has evicted you illegallly get on to PTRB and 5 months later you should have 10K.
    Thats the only way to play these cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

do i have to register myself in PRTB??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You landlord should have you registered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You landlord should have you registered.

If he hasn't, PTRB need to be informed; they have a register online also.

Even if he hasn;t registered the tenancy, PTRB will still act for you as a tenant. You have strong rights now.

We had problems wth a landlord who kept coming in when we were out and after a very nasty letter from him saying he had a right to enter his property any time he wanted without giving a reason, we talked with PTRB. He had not registered the tenancy; they advised they would "pursue him with an enforcement order." A landlord who has not registered can be heavily fined - or even sent to jail.

They acted very swiftly indeed.

Advertisement