Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gartner Access

Options
  • 17-09-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I can get free student access to Gartner so I can research for my dissertation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What's Gartner? I know in NUIG you ask at the library desk and they'll get you access for jstor, is it something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I believe forrester allow free access.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

Its an I.T research website which was recommended to me for doing research for dissertation. Its costs a lot to subscribe so was looking for other options. I havnt tried the library so might do that thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Generally the only way you'll get into any of them without paying a hefty fee is to go through your institution. The good news is that quite a few universities like UCD and TCD have proxies so that off-campus access is available to their own students.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

Well i attend NUIG, dont think they have student access as far as I am aware off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gartner do seem to do a membership for universities/colleges, so it might be worth enquiring if your's has one?

Otherwise Forrester can often be helpful in terms of research, and it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

bops2042 wrote: »
    Well i attend NUIG, dont think they have student access as far as I am aware off.

Can you access it on the uni network? Did you ask in the library yet?

Advertisement