Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better IPAV or IAVI?

Options
  • 17-09-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

About to sell my house and trying to decide on which agents to pick to sell it for us. I want to go with an agent who belongs to one of the bodies but dont know which one is better? I know that the IAVI have to do continuing development like seminars, does this give them an edge or what?

Their code of practices are prob the same as all agents are governed by the NPSRA arent they?

So, can anyone shed some light on this for me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

One major difference between the two is that IAVI membership requires an examination to be passed and continuous assessment/courses to be done to keep membership where as IPAV does not but that does not necessarily make them better auctioneers. I think you should not solely judge who you want to sell you house on an association membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

No i know but there are alot of different agents in my area and i'd rather get an agent who is bound by a professional body

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

dlambirl wrote: »
    No i know but there are alot of different agents in my area and i'd rather get an agent who is bound by a professional body

As far as I know it's the firm that is bound rather than the actual Estate Agent and I think both associations offer similar security but double check. E.g you could go with a franchised estate agent and you could get an E.A looking after your property that might only be training as was the case with three of the big estate agents I got out to view/value my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Ah so much things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

As a general rule IAVI is usually greater Dublin, IPAV is outside that. The IAVI looks down on the IPAV but would think there's little if any difference between them TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

No difference between the two but their is differences in auctioneers

Advertisement