Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music shop

Options
  • 16-09-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭

i was walking around the town today while i was waiting for some work for work on my car to be done. i noticed that there isn't any were good to buy any cds or dvds.

i think there is a good place around were space and kfc are for a good music store to come in. i think it would be a good place for one and i feel that it would do well if there is one.

what do ye think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

A music/DVD shop, preferably a really decent one, would do nicely there. I'd like it to be around the same size as Space - now that will be heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

We defo need a HMV and a cinema, is there any word on a cinema comming to town.

I hate going to Athlone for the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

yeah it could do with a hmv or somthing like that. i.m not from ross. be i'm only 15 mintues away. if there was a good music store like the size of space i could of spent the 2 hours in there than walking around the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I think music shops sadly will soon be a thing of a past, especially in smaller towns like ros,, it's hard to beat the prices that tesco and the like are selling cd's at and with ipods and itunes becomming so big, i suppose they are becomming somewhat obsolete..
    And instead of going to Athlone for the Cinema, maybe try the new one in Carrick? the cinema there is really nice, has a cafe & wine bar, and reclining seats, beats athlone hands down any time, and you can book the tickets online at www.carrickcineplex.ie

Yeah i heard its very good, but Ros wealy needs one its still a fair drive to see a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I heard from someone on the chamber of commerce that we missed our chance for a cinema when we got the Arts Centre. Apparently there was a choice between the two at the time and the arts centre won out.

Carrick cinema is a lovely place in fairness, ahlone is a dump in comparison. Worth the drive down IMO.

I didn't even know there's a chamber of commerce in Roscommon, they must be keeping a low profile.
    Why cant we have both, that doesn't make sense. Cinemas are privately funded AFIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Xtravision, Tesco and Dunnes all sell CDs aswell as a small shop called 8 till Late. We do need a cinema badly. I heard there was one coming soon but I've been hearing that for the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

its brutal to think roscommon had a cinema until about 10years ago and now the town is bigger and has some major retail names in it we dont.a small cinema maybe 2 or 3 screens would be great especially if it were centrally located.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

o yeah the old cinema in the town. i remember going to see sister act 2 in there when i was younger. do you know were i could find any info on this cinema. would like to read about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

All I know it was called Blue Moon.

Advertisement