Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallas - Please Help!

Options
  • 16-09-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I need all you diehard Dallas fans for this one, lol
    At the moment I'm buying Dallas on DVD. I'm half way through watching season 6. Now the thing is this - Do you know the season where Bobby died (I think it was season 8) - then the writers decided to turn this into a complete dream and at the start of the following season, Bobby was suddenly still alive - like the last bit never existed.
    Now what I want to know is this (lol). I don't want to be bothered wasting my time watching these dream episodes, because anything that happened in them won't mean anything in the following episodes. So can anyone tell me, can I skip watching a full season of Dallas - because I'm assuming that the dream episodes were a full season, but I don't know this for sure.
    I don't want to be confused as to what happened in the story - I just don't want to bother watching the dream one at all.
    Sorry for the confusion, but it is really hard to try and explain this one, lol. Perhaps someone out there is a real Dallas fan and can help here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

you should wikipedia the series and see what happened in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There was a dream that was Dallas...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The dream year was Season 9 (1985-86). It was the whole season. It ended with Pam finding a surprise in her shower.

The season starts with "The Family Ewing", and ends with "A Blast from the Past".

Don't discount it completely, Graceland. I don't know when they decided to bring Patrick Duffy back, but the whole dream thing allowed them to have some fun in the second half of the season! Ah Angelica Nero, where are you now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

Mr E wrote: »
    The dream year was Season 9 (1985-86). It was the whole season. It ended with Pam finding a surprise in her shower.

The season starts with "The Family Ewing", and ends with "A Blast from the Past".

Don't discount it completely, Graceland. I don't know when they decided to bring Patrick Duffy back, but the whole dream thing allowed them to have some fun in the second half of the season! Ah Angelica Nero, where are you now.....
    Thank you for that. The only reason why I don't want to watch the whole dream season is because I watched it for the first time years ago - when Dallas was actually first shown. I just found it very confusing at the time and couldn't remember exactly what had happened and what was supposed to be the dream. To be honest I think this was the downfall of Dallas as I remember at the time lots of people I knew stopped watching it because of this.
    Anyway I just wanted to ask you something else. If I don't watch Season 9 at all (because this is the dream season). Does that mean the last episode of Season 8 is also part of the dream as well, seeing as this is where Bobby obviously gets knocked down. Do you think this would be the only episode from Season 8 that I shouldn't watch. Sorry for the confusion, but it is something I would like to get sorted out before I get to these seasons at all. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't think a huge amount of thought was put into the continuity to be honest... I haven't seen it for a long time. He dies at the end of season 8, he's back at the end of season 9. They couldn't exactly pick up where they left off in 8, because people would have forgotten most of 8 at that stage.

Did they have a scene with Pam and Bobby going to bed at the end of 8? I don't know... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Just buy it.. It's a great season, if anything I'd avoid year 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

I'm really enjoying it anyway. Even though I've seen it years ago, I've still forgotten a lot of it. It really was a great series. No-one could ever play JR only Larry Hagman. He was out on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

YOu gotta check out the family guy skit with BObby & Pam, I dont know how they got those 2 together to refilm it, but its very funny

for those who watched it that is!

Advertisement