Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to rent in Longford - what's it like?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi. I'm moving to Longford in the next month or so and am hoping to rentan apartment/house around Longford. Main question I have I suppose is can anyone recommend a nice housing estate/area in/around Longford? Talked to a few estate agents up there but you know estate agents - everywhere on their books is lovely! Anyway any suggestions appreciated. By the way I'd be willing to pay 600-700 rent (if that's important?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

I can't speak for everywhere in the town, but areas I'd consider as quiet and settled would include Dublin Road (the road itself), Battery Road (the road itself), Ballinalee Road (the road itself), Teffia Park, College Park, Viewmount, Farneyhoogan, White Linen Woods, OLD Ardnacassa, Templemichael Glebe

The new Section 23 estates built in recent years could be described as more, ahem, "fun-loving" - Dun Darrach, NEW Ardnacassa etc

Ard Michael, Battery Court are pretty much ghost estates so they should be quiet enough!!

There are a couple of undesirable spots to avoid like the plague - I won't name them but if you see them it should be pretty obvious.

Good luck and enjoy longford - it's a friendly little town - I've just moved to the dublin suburbs, you don't know what you've got till it's gone :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

theres a bungalow acrosss our way going for 450 a month rent, in enybegs, killoe. its about 7 minutes north of longford town. its not a bad place, needs a little doing up, but the area is nice, and the land its on is pretty big, also, the landlord is sound

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Have you thought about Abbeycartron ... walking distance into town. Quiet area. Areas to look for are woodlawns, belfry, brickfield and abbeycartron. Good luck ...

Advertisement