Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in Dublin to look for accommodation?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place or not..mods feel free to move it!
    I'am starting a postgrad in TCD at the start of Oct and I am starting to look for accommodation in Dub this week. Considering I don't know Dub at all can anyone advise me on what areas I should focus on and what areas I should stay away from? My friends have suggested Ranelagh, Rathmines, Dundrum, Clontarf, Blackrock, Stillorgan, Cowper, Drumcondra and Booterstown. Any other suggestions would be very welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

(Third Level Accommadation might be a better area to post your question.)

Depends on the type of person you are and what you want, if you are willing to travel and how much you can afford. Wicklow/Camden St and Rathmines are good student areas and easy to get to. Ranelagh is not too far from town either and is next to Rathmines. Leeson St seems to have cheap places to rent lately but think they might be all one beds. Stoneybatter is a great spot but might be more for trendy heads and /or young professionals. Rents could be cheaper a bit further out - as I said it all depends on what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SugarandSpice:)

Thanks Weyhey! I applied for the student accommodation in TCD but didnt get it! I'm looking for something relatively close to the city centre and not too far from Trinity! My budget is E600/month and I hope to share with young professionals or other postgrads! Going to visit the TCD accommodation office and see what they advise!

Advertisement