Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla Question

Options
  • 16-09-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Joomla and am having the following problem.

I created a new template with 2 panels on the homepage.

I display one set of articles in the left panel, and I want to display another set of articles in the right panel.

I've added the section, category, article and set it to display on the frontpage but nothing is appearing.

Is there anyway through code that I can display the section on my homepage?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

When you say panels what do you mean?(modules?)

If you set an article to frontpage it will be seen in the content section of your template.
    I display one set of articles in the left panel, and I want to display another set of articles in the right panel.

Is it your most recent articles? Most popular articles? Or a new menu you want in this panel (module position?) in your website.

If you had a link to the site or screen shot, I could probably tell you straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

I've PM'd you the site.

What I have is my own template and by panels I mean just 2 distinct areas on screen, 2 divs.

I've added a new section and category and set that to frontpage and it's not appearing at all.

In my template I'm using <?php mosMainBody(); ?> to display the content, is that right?

Advertisement