Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / IRL: 4X04 - "Eagles and Angels" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 16-09-2008 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

US / IRL: 4X04 - "Eagles and Angels" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "SHUT DOWN" -

Episode Title: "Eagles and Angels"
    Airdate: September 15th 2008

TV.com Summary:
    : Michael and the others track another cardholder to a consulate.
    T-Bag arrives in LA and runs into Michael and Lincoln.
    Wyatt also makes it to LA, in an effort to locate Sara.
    Bruce's body is discovered.

This episode shall air on:

Fox (US) - September 15th 2008
    RTÉ2 (UK/IRL) - September 16th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What did you think of "Eagles and Angels"? 37 votes

0%
    2%
    ZappaFrank 1 vote
    5%
    JP Lizheymayo 2 votes
    35%
    kaimeraMr EOur man in Havananeacy69RodVelvetSherifumuffinmanlostirishgirlRastaRedglenjaminjayteecorkZonda999ladowack 13 votes
    35%
    Mossy MonkLFCFanUser45701skibumdoonothingJ-blkRick_sunzzAgamemnonJelloDman001mailrewoptitan18 13 votes
    10%
    Q_BallBaby4WENTY07cabrwab 4 votes
    8%
    EoinRon DMCmunchie 3 votes
    2%
    MOH 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Watched it here in Calgary last night. Jeez the Canadians have to put a viewer discretion/This program may contain violence warning after each commercial break.

Anywhoo, I thought it was an average episode. T-Bag looks so out of place in a office environment. I am sure he wants to get his way with the nice receptionist. :D

I was hoping that the lads would beat the crap out of T-Bag but alas it was not to be. :)

I see they are developing the whole nose bleed thing with Scofield. It must be a tumour. I wonder where it will take the story line.

Other than that nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I am sure he wants to get his way with the nice receptionist.
    Let's hope she becomes a regular character - she has Baywatch-quality cleavage. Ok episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yeah average episode - seems the highlight of the episode for everyone was the receptionist's cleavage :). It seems the formula for the next few weeks might be like tonight: find another cardholder and get the data swiped, then about half way through the season I'm guessing it'll switch to breaking into wherever Scylla is kept. Wyatt (the company hitman) finding the team could add some tension, as long as they don't draw the thing out for like 10 more episodes - he really should be confronting them in the next couple of episodes I'd hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,787 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for putting the thread up Bond-007.. completely forgot!

Yet another average episode - really losing interest fast in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Wyatt must catch them soon, he already has found Sara and will more than likely catch up with her at the start of the next episode (he's right behind her at the end!) so it's only a matter of time before she talks and he's on top of the others. But what if Mahone tries to kill him or kills him before they get info out of him about where Sara is etc.?

Gretchen / Susan looks like she's gonna escape captivity, will she go after the Company for revenge for her capture/betrayal? Maybe I didn't fully understand but if Whistlers book contains information about how to get to Scylla, Gretchen seemed to want it, but was it really just to destroy it and help the Company or was she all the while a good girl looking to take the Company down with Whistlers help? Maybe someone can explain.

Still, I thought it was an OK episode, I'll give this one a 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

How exactly did no police officer recognise Lincoln or Scofield considering their faces was on tv non stop during season 2 when they were on the run or Mahone you know the FBI agent in charge of the operation?

But the real burning question is who was the receptionist. Names anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

cooker3 wrote: »

Shannon Lucio:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1594404/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That receptionist was quality, if I worked there I would forget my pass every day just to sign in :)

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode if you ignored the plot holes, I like the whole Gretchen escaping setup, it really makes her out to be a h@rd @ssed b!tch, living on 1 spoon of honey & 3 spoons of water a day and still trying to escape, I think they were a bit too quick to have Wyatt find them, I did like the way the geek (what's his name btw) is hiding stuff from them.

Right, plot holes as I see them.
    When would a senior Business Woman ever just leave a man out of the car first and then leave him on the side of the street?
    If she was so high up on the payscale of the Company, surely she would recgonise Michael, Linc or Mahone, ffs, they were on every news channel only 2 years ago.
    What kind of body guard gets caught like that?
    Why is Bellick such a wimp?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

God I am SO sick of them always just happening to bump into each other in these huge cities! Too many coincidences for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

Episode ok,still far better than season 3 although seems American viewers losing interest by the week as ratings for this ep there on Monday only achieved a paltry 5.7 million and this is before CBS,ABC & NBC start up their new season shows next Monday,not a good sign for "Prison's" future at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

fletch wrote: »
    God I am SO sick of them always just happening to bump into each other in these huge cities! Too many coincidences for my liking
    Not really a co-incidence though when you consider that Michael followed Gretchen to LA, found out that something was happening in LA thanks to Whistler, Mahone and Agent Self. They were kept in LA to help find the Scylla cards. T-Bag uses Whistlers book which appears to show him how to break into the Company building in LA and surprise surprise it brings him to LA. OK, meeting on the same street was a wee bit of a co-incidence, but, the company T-Bag now works for seems to be (and I'm guessing here) beside the Company building, (just no-one knows it yet - why else would Whistler have requested a corner office that may share a wall with the Company building or is close to where the cards are in the Company building), then it's very possible the two would have been on the same street at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

cooker3 wrote: »
    How exactly did no police officer recognise Lincoln or Scofield considering their faces was on tv non stop during season 2 when they were on the run or Mahone you know the FBI agent in charge of the operation?

Shannon Lucio

She was in The OC

ok episode i really thought Sara would drink

How is Gretchen still alive yet Wyatt kills everyone else

Linc, Michael and Mahone looked hot in the cop uniforms

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

In before Glenjamin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

So funny that they can walk around L.A., stand amongest 100s of police officers and stand next to someone who works for the company without being recognised. They were all front page news no less than a couple of months ago. The bodyguard recognised Linc but the cardholder didn't recognise Michael, i mean wtf?? Becoming less and less beliveable but still very watchable.

And what is with Michaels nosebleeds? Are they planning on killing him off or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

CHD wrote: »
    In before Glenjamin

You stalking me? Perv!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

glenjamin wrote: »
    You stalking me? Perv!
    Im Psychic or Psycho or have Psychosis or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Completely forgot this was on.

Umm, I did like it. it's moving trés fast but given the probs last season I can forgive it.

I do think the writers aren't the best at thinking on their feet. It showed in s01 when the last few eps were tacked on, and now s04 when s03 had to be wrapped up and moved on from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Less Sarah and more secretary please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Its a real pity this just didn't finish in season2.
    While i enjoyed it it just really annoyed me that the company boys didn't recognise michael. I also would have thought that the one who whispers would have had the information on the guys who where being honored or what station they where from. It just annoyed me.
    I don't understand what happened with belleck why he is such a whimpering prick. I gave it 6 but it wasn't the worst show ive seen. Im still gonna watch it next week.

The asian guy is still really annoying me but iam interested in where its going.
    Intrigued as to what happens next though. I hope they don't drag this company assassin too long or him kidnapping sarah so michael can chase.

ps i like boobs so more of the minx please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

Haw, I just knew when I logged on here today there would be a load of posts about that busty receptionist! I'd find it hard to keep my eyes up if I had to go to that desk for sure!
    I didn't tape it, would someone be kind enough to put up a screen cap please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Is it my imagination or have Licoln's tattoo's just magically appear out of nowhere?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

cabrwab wrote: »
    Its a real pity this just didn't finish in season2.
    While i enjoyed it it just really annoyed me that the company boys didn't recognise michael. I also would have thought that the one who whispers would have had the information on the guys who where being honored or what station they where from. It just annoyed me.
    I don't understand what happened with belleck why he is such a whimpering prick. I gave it 6 but it wasn't the worst show ive seen. Im still gonna watch it next week.

The asian guy is still really annoying me but iam interested in where its going.
    Intrigued as to what happens next though. I hope they don't drag this company assassin too long or him kidnapping sarah so michael can chase.

ps i like boobs so more of the minx please! :D

if you aske me, bellick has been surplus to requirements since the 1st eppisode of season 2 , cant remember a single eppisode since where he was nescessery

lukin wrote: »
    I didn't tape it, would someone be kind enough to put up a screen cap please?

It would be rude not to.

my.php?image=snapshot20080917235232oh8.jpg

my.php?image=snapshot20080917235231pq8.jpg

if you aske me, bellick has been surplus to requirements since the 1st eppisode of season 2 , cant remember a single eppisode since where he was nescessery
    I totally agree. He should have been disposed of ages ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think Michael's nosebleeds are a sign of what's in store of us PB fans in season 5.

Linc, Bellick, Mahone, Sucre, and Sara get shrunk down by Rick Moranis and are joined by Dennis Quaid as they travel inside Michael's nose to try and destroy the tumour.

By the way, did anyone find it a bit odd that they don't do "chip and pin" in that bar?

Chip and Pin is not used in the USA at all, everything is signed for still. Chip and Pin is slowly being introduced in Canada.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Chip and Pin is not used in the USA at all, everything is signed for still. Chip and Pin is slowly being introduced in Canada.

My Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

glenjamin wrote: »
    So funny that they can walk around L.A., stand amongest 100s of police officers and stand next to someone who works for the company without being recognised. They were all front page news no less than a couple of months ago. The bodyguard recognised Linc but the cardholder didn't recognise Michael, i mean wtf?? Becoming less and less beliveable but still very watchable.

+1

The bodyguard tgets two glimpses of Lincoln and clocks him, the cardholder is talking to Michael and Mahone for 5 minutes and doesn't recognise them? And nobody on the streets recognises any of the Fox River 8 (or 7 or whatever it was) who were all over TV a few months ago?

The cops not recognising them is easily explainable - they're all morons. Bruce Bennett gets pumped full of drugs, then shot in the back of the head from 6 inches away, and Agent Self says they're treating it as a suicide??!!!
    I think that's the point where I really gave up on this ..... until the receptionist came into it.

Actually, everyone seems to have massive blind spots. Mahone can approach computer guy and ask for his help; no-one else in the room notices. Sarah comes out of toilet and leaves bar without noticing massive assassin standing at bar. Or even saying goodbye to helpful barmaid. When they broke into the first keyholders house, no-one noticed. Or saw them parked outside for ages. Michael can take pictures of a top secret meeting of a massive conspiracy (which they conveniently have in the open) and nobody notices. What was the pointless bit with them stealing the uniforms about? Did that security guard not investigate his broken camera, find a big hole in the fence, and investigate to find what might be missing? Nah, why bother.

MOH wrote: »
    Bruce Bennett gets pumped full of drugs, then shot in the back of the head from 6 inches away, and Agent Self says they're treating it as a suicide??!!!

The way I saw it was it is a cover up to deflect attention from the company. The way Agent Self said it on the phone suggested this

I do think some people take these programmes too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I do think some people take these programmes too seriously.

There is obviously an big suspension of disbelief element to anything but my main problem is it seems the writers are not even trying to overcome the obvious flaws in what is happening. It's just really lazy.

Advertisement