Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with philips DVDR 3300H hard disc recorder

Options
  • 15-09-2008 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi ppl,

have a philips hard drive recorder dvdr 3300h, turned it on today and it just said "STARTING" on the screen stayed like that for 1 mins then i heard a click, and same again after a minute...

so i tried the factory reset on it by pressing the standby on button and connecting the power, nothing happened, just still said "STARTING" on the screen..

any ideas? what i can try next, i think its out of warranty(12mths) and i cannot remember when i bought it...

is it banjaxed?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Clicking usually means the hard disk has died... Prob not much to try but to replacing the hard disk, which may not be easily possible for you to do...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

yoyo wrote: »
    Clicking usually means the hard disk has died... Prob not much to try but to replacing the hard disk, which may not be easily possible for you to do...

Nick

from what i read on the net, there is software on the hdd, so its not as simple as going out and buying one in pc world etc, and slotting it in...

the box has hex screws on it so awkward to open,

i wonder what the warranty is on it? 12mths or 24?

ill ring philips and see what they say,,,,,
    cheers...

Advertisement