Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Low Can You Go - Reality Check

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

God help us all. They're trying to act, and not doing very well at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Lost all appeal after the first series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Doggon

I think its good, its sloppy but the loose narative gets through. Mark is funny, Baz is just annoying, he should talk less, Mick is the funniest of them, at least he has a wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lost all appeal after the first series
    I think it lost all appeal before the first series, tbh.

This "Reality Check" effort is shambolic - life should imitate shyte and they (rte) should drop them.

they get good ratings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

humanji wrote: »
    I think it lost all appeal before the first series, tbh.

Definitely. And can't believe they good ratings. It's like TV3, who watches this sht?

ah you guys are just cranky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Doggon wrote: »
    ah you guys are just conscious!

Fixed that. Your welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'm actually finding this kinda funny, loved the travel show and these guys in general, Baz and Mick are damn funny, Mark not so much.

Baz seems to the worst actor out of the three though, nearly every scene he is in it's as if he is about to burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I think the travel show they do is good, but last night was shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

i just don't understand it anymore - it's obviously all set up. The Joe Duffy thing, the stupid receptionist etc . .. all acting like!

Why have they changed it from a travel show? okay it wasn't much of a travel show, but it was fun seeing them roam around america atc... Now they dress up as clowns at a kids party! Wow! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I thought it was good craic, and laughed a lot while watching it. Still wondering if the poor fella really had his hand inside the cow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Doggon wrote: »
    they get good ratings

Id say there's a few people at the cough medicine in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 minimanminifan

A lot of folks are not geting the concept of the show. It is simple, this has been filmed as a mocumentary.. a mockery of a documentary format. It is a potrayal of the grim reality of someone trying to get by day to day in the world of "i wanna be famous"

for every one that makes a tv appearance there are at least 100 that dont get anywhere, this is basically a mockery of that life style

and yes, Michael did insert his arm into the cow...errrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg

remember.. its not acting, and its not real, its a mix, and the show is not made up of entirely actors and set ups as many may think, many of the people in the show are real and represent there real industry or job

i think its a nice bit of lite hearted entertainment for a monday night, unless your the cow that just got done by Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A lot of folks are not geting the concept of the show. It is simple, this has been filmed as a mocumentary.. a mockery of a documentary format. It is a potrayal of the grim reality of someone trying to get by day to day in the world of "i wanna be famous"

It's all well and good that it has a "concept" but it's still ****e.

And I liked their travel show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

for every one that makes a tv appearance there are at least 100 that dont get anywhere, this is basically a mockery of that life style

remember.. its not acting, and its not real, its a mix, and the show is not made up of entirely actors and set ups as many may think, many of the people in the show are real and represent there real industry or job

i think its a nice bit of lite hearted entertainment for a monday night, unless your the cow that just got done by Michael

Do you work on the show?
    If you do you are displaying what is wrong with the media in this country
    "A lot of folks are not geting the concept of the show"
    "It is a very good show, your just an idiot!"
    It is simple
    "Listen idiots while i tell you what you like"
    this has been filmed as a mocumentary.. a mockery of a documentary format.
    "Now idiots did you get that? Its NOT real, mocumentary means mock documentary"
    It is a potrayal of the grim reality of someone trying to get by day to day in the world of "i wanna be famous"

"Some people off tv although better than you end up doing REAL world jobs too"
    remember.. its not acting, and its not real, its a mix
    "Now remember idiots, its not real!"

"We knocked out some cheap sh*te that we thought ye would swallow with your microwaved curry on your lap"
    Who cares!?
    i think its a nice bit of lite hearted entertainment for a monday night
    Move Entourage forward, corner gas is on about 4 in the morning and is watchable light hearted fare

ps i liked the first series of the travel show as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irish_TV_Critic

It is simple, this has been filmed as a mocumentary.. a mockery of a documentary format.

Not to be picky, but a mocumentary is not a mockery of a documentary format. A mocumentary is a mock documentary.

Documentaries highlight aspects of society and take you on a journey into someone else's life/situation. By the end of it, you should have a new perspective on the life/situation. To do a mock documentary, the piece should be saying something about the lifestyle it features. HLRC says what? That these three are idiots? But didn't we know that from their previous tv series.
    It is a potrayal of the grim reality of someone trying to get by day to day in the world of "i wanna be famous".

How Low Reality Check is not a portrayal of a 'grim reality'. It's cheap shoddy sh*te. The scenes play as complete set-ups (eg. in the first ep, the Audi owners arrive in RTE to take the car back, how the hell did they know where 'Baz' would be?).

The written by credit is ridiculous. It looks like some sort of cut-price Curb Your Enthusiasm... scenes with just basic ideas. Except they're not (a) not very good actors (b) or good comedy actors or (c) improvisers.

It did almost seem for a second, the Joe Duffy scene might have been funny. Eg. Joe acting like he does on live-line in a normal argument. It just never got there.

Oh and if you're going to do a mock documentary... you can't suddenly put in a dream sequence (the Jacuzzi scene in Ep 1). Know the genre, stick to it.

Another piece of under-developed sh*te from RTE Entertainment.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭ianrush

A lot of folks are not geting the concept of the show. It is simple, this has been filmed as a mocumentary.. a mockery of a documentary format.
    I'm getting totally fecked off with RTE entertainment using the "mockumentary" style as an excuse for low production values. Katherine Lynch's show is "mockumentary", The English Class (god help us...) was "mockumentary". The shows look like amateur crap and if the RTE entertainment were any kind of business, the people in charge would have been sacked a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

now check this out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57285628&postcount=7

Is this going to turn into a repeat of the Roaring Twenties thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hey Baz - how are ya? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the Roaring Twenties was better than this ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

upwardly mobile was better

"worse than the Roaring Twenties", are you on drugs?!
    THis is a good show, it is what it is. Relax.

Advertisement