Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Students Are Back

Options
  • 15-09-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Well since the students are back around town I said i'd canvass opinions on them kicking around again. So how do the posters here feel, seeing as we are all around mid 20's ish I was wondering would our thoughts be similar!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

Tom10 wrote: »
    Well since the students are back around town I said i'd canvass opinions on them kicking around again. So how do the posters here feel, seeing as we are all around mid 20's ish I was wondering would our thoughts be similar!!!

I've no problem with them really, once they get up to there usual antics and give us something to look at..:D

I do dislike the fact you cant have a quiet pint in town midweek though when students are about as everywhere is bombarded with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

opinions on them kicking around again

what the hell does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

ShayK1 wrote: »
    what the hell does that mean?

yeah what exactly do you mean i'm curious to know too.. As a student myself it seems to me that you seem to have a dislike for us the way the thread was raised. Would i be correct? If so, any particular reason? Just curious :rolleyes:

glad I'm not the only one, I thought it was some new thing that all the cool kids were saying but if Dan doesn't know....

well i hope he doesn't literally mean "kick"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

stick-dan wrote: »
    well i hope he doesn't literally mean "kick"
    I think you are misinterpreting the OP. I'd say he's just asking your opinions on having students back in town. I don't have 1 by the way. I avoid the town at all costs all year round.

i know i am, but im not alone aint that right shay?:)

stick-dan wrote: »
    i know i am, but im not alone aint that right shay?:)

I guess so

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Haha no lads I didn't mean any negative implications in what i said, it's just a phrase we use in Tipp to mean being around, haha no more than that now.

I quiet like them around at times when you have something to look at, but ya they can wreck the head a bit but nothing that can't be dealt with.

i like having students around (technically I still am one). It brings a bit of live to the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

ShayK1 wrote: »
    i like having students around (technically I still am one). It brings a bit of live to the town.

Interested how you can still "technically" be a student but not really consider yourself one, though i might be completely misreading that there now

I'm a student, we get a lot of bad press at times. That's why i questions your post Tom10.
    I see what you mean now, i think they do liven up carlow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The IT is one of the Jewels in the crown for Carlow so having students around is important for the town. My real annoyance with them is driving to work and some of them are still falling home!

Interested how you can still "technically" be a student but not really consider yourself one, though i might be completely misreading that there now

because I failed one module which I have to repeat but I have a full-time job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

dont mind them tbh.....just makes me feel a little older each year!

Advertisement