Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfe Tones

Options
  • 15-09-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Any tour dates for Ireland preferably Southern Ireland please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I'd check their website and from what I have seen they often advertise gigs in the Sunday World.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

JP Liz wrote: »
    Any tour dates for Ireland preferably Southern Ireland please?

where is "southern" Ireland?

ps - have the Wolfe Tones condemned the Omagh bombing yet?

I'm assuming the original poster means the 26 counties.

Were the Wolfe Tones ever asked to condemn the bombings? When was it ever an issue? No offence to them but does it matter if a folk band condemn a bombing or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

CSC wrote: »
    I'm assuming the original poster means the 26 counties.

Were the Wolfe Tones ever asked to condemn the bombings? When was it ever an issue? No offence to them but does it matter if a folk band condemn a bombing or not?

Their refusal to condemn it could be interpreted as showing support.

I personally know two Real IRA supporters. Both follow Celtic and love The Wolfe Tones. Not cool.

• Advertisement

I personally know two Real IRA supporters. Both follow Celtic and love The Wolfe Tones. Not cool.

Were they ever asked to refuse the Omagh bomb and refused to do so?

Supporters of dissident republican groups and football teams will have tastes in music also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Consorting with IRA supporters, tsk tsk.

Hagar wrote: »
    Consorting with IRA supporters, tsk tsk.

IRA supporters.... By the sounds of it a couple of lads sitting in the pub with Celtic tops on, telling all and sundry that they support the RIRA while putting the Wolfe Tones on the jukebox.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

This is a music forum, not a politics forum. Leave it at the door. Any further posting on political subjects such as this will result in a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

where is "southern" Ireland?

ps - have the Wolfe Tones condemned the Omagh bombing yet?

Cork City or Cork County

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement