Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Rock coming to Dublin

Options
  • 15-09-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I just read in the Dundrum Gazette that the UK outdoors store Snow and Rock as coming to Dundrum Shopping Centre this autumn. I haven't been to one but have looked at their website and they have a good selection for all sorts of outdoor pursuits.

Yipee I love outdoor stores, now all I need is a Decathlon over here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

ah excellent i hope they do!!!!

i climb and iv bought a few things off their site and i only live about 10 mins away from dundrum!

does anyone know when this will be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Some time in October as far as I am aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how much snow do we have in ireland?

Some time in October as far as I am aware

cool thanks

• Advertisement

how much snow do we have in ireland?

Feck all but loads of good rock to climb!!:D

According the the website http://www.snowandrock.com/store_dublin.htm the store is due to open on Monday October 13th, that's only 9 days away! Yipee!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 maryo'dee

i think there are ice climbs on lugnaquila in winter where people even use ice axes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's a few (not many) depending on how good the weather is, by good I mean bad:D

I've seen a few of their stores in the UK, they look great, not sure about the location though, they'll do great if they stock only North Face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I hope this opens as planned - will be nice to see a decent store in the town centre that is not just selling fashions and shoes. But I won't believe until I actually see it with my own eyes, as Dundrum town centre has a habit of annoucing store openings that never happen - i'm still waiting for Borders to "open in 2007"!

I hope it's not just North Face goodies - i'd like to see other brands also.

• Advertisement

I hope this opens as planned - will be nice to see a decent store in the town centre that is not just selling fashions and shoes. But I won't believe until I actually see it with my own eyes, as Dundrum town centre has a habit of annoucing store openings that never happen - i'm still waiting for Borders to "open in 2007"!

I hope it's not just North Face goodies - i'd like to see other brands also.

whats wrong with north face any way?????

Nothing - North Face is a good brand, but i'd like to see a bit of variety in their stock. I've wandered around the North Face store in temple bar a few times and it looks a bit bland with only their own products on sale.

dogmatix wrote: »
    Nothing - North Face is a good brand, but i'd like to see a bit of variety in their stock. I've wandered around the North Face store in temple bar a few times and it looks a bit bland with only their own products on sale.

a bit of variety would be good alright!

i didnt know there was a north face shop in temple bar. is it an outlet or a normal shop?

Would certainly want more than North Face, although it's a good brand but it's here already. I cycled by Dundrum on Sunday to look for it, it is going to be located in the over ground car park area near Tesco petrol station. There was a sign up on Sunday so that's promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

i didnt know there was a north face shop in temple bar. is it an outlet or a normal shop?
    It's in the place where the old Lowe Alpine shop used to be. It's just a normal shop as far as I can see, no seconds or end-of line items or stuff like that. Personally I find the atmosphere in there a bit 'posey', but maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The North Face are opening a shop in the Outlet Village in Kildare - it might even be open already.

Evil Phil wrote: »
    The North Face are opening a shop in the Outlet Village in Kildare - it might even be open already.

cool must look out for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Alun wrote: »
    It's in the place where the old Lowe Alpine shop used to be. It's just a normal shop as far as I can see, no seconds or end-of line items or stuff like that. Personally I find the atmosphere in there a bit 'posey', but maybe that's just me.
    Originally Posted by peter-pantslez viewpost.gif

The North face store in Temple Bar is owned by the Crowd that own the Great Outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The North face store in Temple Bar is owned by the Crowd that own the Great Outdoors.
    I know, as was the old Lowe Alpine shop. I don't see what that has to with anything though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Alun wrote: »
    I know, as was the old Lowe Alpine shop. I don't see what that has to with anything though?

In short its a franchise, as was the lowe alpine shop. In essence the place is a branch of the great outdoors that only sells one particular brand. It is not a factory outlet, so don't go expecting any bargins. Full SRP all the way.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Was in the new shop, it's a bit meh to be honest.

They have some snowboard brands you wouldn't normally see here but the selection is very limited and the prices weren't great. It's over 2 floors but is a narrow store, so not really that much floorspace much smaller than say the 53 degree north stores.

Seemed to have a decent selection of rock climbing gear, but that isn't really my thing

was in there last night myself and wasnt too impressed! they didnt seem to have a great range of outdoor clothing mainly north face gear....

its probably because of the season thats in it, but most of the shop has been given to ski and snow boarding clothing and that!
    they have some good opening deals you can get head skiis, boot, ski bag, and binding for €200.
    they also have a mountain bike section upstairs if thats what your in to.

loads of staff in there and when i was in it was fairly queit so there were like vultures trying to help me out (thats not a bad thing).

im in to climbing and they have all the climbing gear behind the tills so you cant have a look at it with out annoying the cashier. it would be better if it was like the great outdoors where you can see it, feel it and compare it at your leisure.

at the moment they are not giving any discounts to MCI memebers or any other groups as far as i know but i was told in the coming weeks something will be sorted out:D

Advertisement