Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choice between 2 wetsuits - which one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Wetsuits are like anything else - you get what you pay for. I've never regretted dropping the extra coin for a really nice suit - your comfort in the water will make up for the extra spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I've got the second one there.
    Yeah its a very very good wetsuit. I've gone out in strong north winds in February (typically the coldest month in the water) and not felt cold on my torso, legs or arms.
    It comes with a nice hood that can be clipped on the inside of the suit if you want.

Hands and head are another matter :)

The Oneill mutant 5/4/3 is good value and is a good suit all year round.
    If you're serious about surfing, and have the cash, an O'neill psycho range suit would be perfectly toasty.
    The xcel infinity range is also a great suit for winter.

IMO a good suit is really important, and I'd rate a good suit above having a good board in the water in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    I've got the second one there.
    Yeah its a very very good wetsuit. I've gone out in strong north winds in February (typically the coldest month in the water) and not felt cold on my torso, legs or arms.
    It comes with a nice hood that can be clipped on the inside of the suit if you want.

Hands and head are another matter :)

The Oneill mutant 5/4/3 is good value and is a good suit all year round.
    If you're serious about surfing, and have the cash, an O'neill psycho range suit would be perfectly toasty.
    The xcel infinity range is also a great suit for winter.

IMO a good suit is really important, and I'd rate a good suit above having a good board in the water in winter.
    ============

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I will pay a little extra to get a decent suit.

There is an oneill psycho 1 here:

http://www.boardridersguide.com/product/Department_Wetsuits_Mens%20Winter%20Steamers%205_3mm/1181812226.htm

and a mutant here:

http://www.boardridersguide.com/product/Department_Wetsuits_Mens%20Winter%20Steamers%205_3mm/1181812228.htm

Would they be better than the billabong platinium? especially as they are a little less in cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭roxychix

take a look at cskins w/s might not be "famous brand" name but suits all excellent quality when i used to work in surf shop i would always recommend them can get a similar suit like the o'neill pschyo for little bit cheaper just an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

Thanks for the advice. I went for the billabong platinum in the end. I ordered it from kingofwatersports.com.

seems they do free delivery and if you put in king1 as a voucher code you get 10% off so I got it for £170 in the end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

having surfed up to now in a sumer suit, today is the day i admit defeat and admit it is getting to cold. time for a winter suit, i am looking at the platinm too, i already have an excel hood. is it worth getting the one with the hood considering i already have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

has anyone ever used any of the billabong zipperless suits? how do they compare to a back zip suit, as in 'water tightness'? difficult to get into/out of?

Advertisement