Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel Perth

Options
  • 15-09-2008 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hey - a friend of mine is staying in a hostel downtown and she says it's a bit of a sh*thole and a nightmare etc. Can anyone recommend any with a young crowd that might be a bit of fun too? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maybe PM slipss and ask him where he's staying. Seems to be out on the piss the whole time! Said it's a pretty good spot and very central. It's down around Beaufort Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'd ask her to stay here but we were kind of seeing each other for a bit in melbourne and it would be totally awkward, and I also have those 2 germans who turned out to be hot but a bit weird and very german

I see. Hot Germans who I presume like beer........ they may have to come to our next rendez vous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

YHA is dead on hotel in Perth, I didn't stay in it myself but my friends did and highly reccomended it. Theres a good few hostels in central perth that look more like homeless shelters than anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I hear YHA is supposed to be a good spot if you want to take it easy and you're working during the week, cause barely anyone drinks apart from friday and saturday and usually everyone is in bed by 12 o clock. Underground Backpackers is supposed to be e decent spot, they have a bar there so there are always plenty of people around up for a laugh, cheap enough too, but if you bring your own beer in you have to drink it in your room, can't drink it in the bar or eating area like, young crowd up there mainly I know of three fellas from Meath on two girls from Cork staying there, they said it was a good laugh. There is another place on Beaufort street, about 10 min walk from city called Swan Barracks, it looks a bit dodgy from outside (used to be an army barracks I think, and they still have the bars on the windows and barbed wire running around the walls) but it is supposed to be a good spot, a couple of girls that got kicked out of my place for not paying on time spent a week there and said it was a great laugh, they have something on every night in the hostel, like a Karaoke night, a pool competition night, pub crawl night ect, they said they'd recomend it. This is all 2nd hand info now, haven't stayed in the above places myself, but have only heard good things. All reasonably priced aswell. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

slipss wrote: »
    I hear YHA is supposed to be a good spot if you want to take it easy and you're working during the week, cause barely anyone drinks apart from friday and saturday and usually everyone is in bed by 12 o clock. Underground Backpackers is supposed to be e decent spot, they have a bar there so there are always plenty of people around up for a laugh, cheap enough too, but if you bring your own beer in you have to drink it in your room, can't drink it in the bar or eating area like, young crowd up there mainly I know of three fellas from Meath on two girls from Cork staying there, they said it was a good laugh. There is another place on Beaufort street, about 10 min walk from city called Swan Barracks, it looks a bit dodgy from outside (used to be an army barracks I think, and they still have the bars on the windows and barbed wire running around the walls) but it is supposed to be a good spot, a couple of girls that got kicked out of my place for not paying on time spent a week there and said it was a great laugh, they have something on every night in the hostel, like a Karaoke night, a pool competition night, pub crawl night ect, they said they'd recomend it. This is all 2nd hand info now, haven't stayed in the above places myself, but have only heard good things. All reasonably priced aswell. Hope that helps.

Do NOT stay there.

I stayed there when I first got here and it's a fuucking hole. Had all sorts of hassle with the fly in/fly out clique after they stroked our beer from communal fridge. It's full of **** and any old scumbag can walk in and out as they please. We ended up leaving it and going to one around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

yeah in the same position here.Need a place for a night in Perth before we collect the camper the next day.YHA sounds a bit dry and might be clicky if theres long-termers there?

Lookin for a fun place for a few pints thats fairly well-run.Is it possible?

oh and if anyone needs a roomie she's really cool and nice and will be here for a few months so let me know

Pics or GTFO.

Same goes for those Germans

forget the stupid germans one of them is flying out to dubai tonight and I don't even care about the other one. They're weirdos, I mean we offered them couches etc yet they insist on sleeping in their car in our driveway every night as that's what they've been doing since they got to Australia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    forget the stupid germans one of them is flying out to dubai tonight and I don't even care about the other one. They're weirdos, I mean we offered them couches etc yet they insist on sleeping in their car in our driveway every night as that's what they've been doing since they got to Australia!

is that because you might start take pictures of them while asleep, ;)

hussey wrote: »
    is that because you might start take pictures of them while asleep, ;)

well I haven't had the bloody opportunity have I!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Bamubu on Aberdeen street.

At least it was a great hostel about two years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Spinners ROCKS

it up the road out to Lederville near the HWY and the Big Holden Garage, directly opposite La Bog ( or whatever its called now) no bar, but, tis a smokerfriendlyestablishment ;)

avoid the one further up the road tho (the RED one) tis a hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Bamubu on Aberdeen street.

At least it was a great hostel about two years ago.

Jesus Christ that place looks fukking awesome, only $20 a night for a 6 bed dorm aswell, gonna take myself a strole down to it now to check it out, if it's the same as it looks on the website I think I found myself a new home for the next few weeks. Cheers for the tip man.

Advertisement