Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some fancy new ebaybanned goodies.[MAGPUL warning!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

pmag%20120rounds%20OD%201.jpg

Magpul%20PMAG%20Ranger.jpg

Midcap PMAGs <salivates> :eek:

PMAG Ranger plates <whacka-whacka-whacka ahhhhhaaaaaaaa.......> :eek:

I NEED PMAG ranger plates!!!!!

Dear god! And I've maxed the card!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::mad::o:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

On the topic of Magpul PMags from Ebaybanned. I received my real-cap PMags the other day. Have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. And that's coming from a die hard Magpul fan.

While they look the part, and are rock solid in the receiver, They feel a bit flimsy, they have that shiny ABS plastic that Star make all their magazines out of (looks fine for other mags, but PMags are supposed to be textured) and, the biggest nightmare, they don't feed all 30/20 bbs. So really your mag will only feed 26/16 bbs per mag. That's a real bad move on the part of Star when making these mags, poor form. There's a mod which I will probably do on mine to enlarge the follower, which should hopefully feed more, but it's not something I should have to do really.

AHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NakedDex don't say that!!!!! To be honest I was expecting them not to feed the last 4 bb's anyway (just like ever other mag except the one that came with my TM M4). Well my PMAGs are currently sitting in the post office since they're having some mid autum holiday in China apparently.... Them and my Magpul MAID grip....

Bugger...... :(

They do look good, but it looks as though I'll be going back to my Star Revolution STANAG mags instead. They feed every last bb, though they don't quite look as nifty or sit as solidly in the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i like them but jeeze they are expensive on their own and with the tab, really out there price wise. i think i will wait to see if the fall abit before i plonk down me hard earned cash. sad to hear dex about the look of them, thats a bit disappointing

on the scope, i have no idea why but i really want one of them...

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was very disappointed myself. They're nice to have as show pieces though.

The midcaps I have higher hopes for. They're made by Magpul themselves rather than outsourced to Star etc., and their previous limited edition Magpul PTS locap mags were fantastic. They are very pricey, but to be honest I paid twice that for the locaps so I'll end up buying the full 10 I want anyway.

Plus their in OD, whopee!!!

The mid caps look a lot better in the pix. I wish I hadn't ordered that new Omega Rail or I would have ordered a load of the mid caps.....

Oh well guess I'll have to settle for one or three.....

Damn this recession! :mad::mad::mad:

<sighs>

Looks like my credit card is going to take a hit. 10 of those plus 4 packs of ranger plates for them...

Oh the price of high (airsoft) fashion.

I'm not sure (waiting for Jesse ^_^ to get back to me) but I've a feeling that its only one ranger plate you get. Seriously those PMAG midcaps are damn nice!

So NakedDec I've got to ask the question do you have a M4 with a Magpul receiver?

Yes and no. I have a Magpul receiver alright but none of the V2 gearboxes I have actually fit the blasted thing so I'm going to have to do some mod work on it to get it to fit. It's far too tight a squeeze to be right. The Magpul receiver is a right pain. It's sized totally differently to all airsoft sizes. They're RS sizes from what I can tell.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Yes and no. I have a Magpul receiver alright but none of the V2 gearboxes I have actually fit the blasted thing so I'm going to have to do some mod work on it to get it to fit. It's far too tight a squeeze to be right. The Magpul receiver is a right pain. It's sized totally differently to all airsoft sizes. They're RS sizes from what I can tell.

I use this one from Ebaybanned
    realmagpulbody1.jpg
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=68_24&products_id=1318

I use the TM gearbox in it and it fits fine except for the rear pin which doesn't go the fill way in. The only problem is removing the GB, I've to remove it from the lower receiver before I can remove it from the upper receiver, total pain in the A-hole but what can you do. It also has a habbet of eating the springs for the charging handle too!

But damn it looks good!

It's a been a bit of a nightmare since I got it, I've tried 3 gearboxes in it and none have worked. It's been sitting on my desk for about 5 months now.

On mine the upper receiver is a very VERY tight fit and the bump on the top of the gearbox (to stop the charging handle from pulling out) causes no end of trouble with the charging handle (causing the stretched spring) when I'm installing and removing the GB.

What sort of problems are you having?

Nothing big, just the fact that the gearboxes I have don't actually fit the receiver to begin with.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Nothing big, just the fact that the gearboxes I have don't actually fit the receiver to begin with.

Wow thats a bit odd, maybe its just a faulty receiver. Shame because they look fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze sorry for your trouble dex, glad you mentioned it as i was looking for one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I think i might know how to sort yours out dex., bring in the bits ya have on sat., i should be there then., :)

Advertisement