Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half-price satnavs @ Tesco

Options
  • 15-09-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭

if anyones looking for satnavs, I spotted half-price TomTom ones in Tesco (Limerick City / Dooradoyle outlets) over the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is it only the TomToms reduced?

TomTom uses Teleatlas maps which many feel are inferior in Ireland compared to the Navteq maps used in the likes of Garmin.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do-more wrote: »
    Is it only the TomToms reduced?

TomTom uses Teleatlas maps which many feel are inferior in Ireland compared to the Navteq maps used in the likes of Garmin.

That's a matter of opinion; TeleAtlas has the new N2 Castleblaney bypass for example whereas Navteq doesn't. I found this out to my chagrin when I updated my N95 maps to 2.0 after Nokia had bought Navteq and switched to using their maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH anything other than Garmin for satnav is a waste of space, world leader in sat nav tech. Have the N95 too and haven't found it at all a patch on either of my two Garmin units.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Any going in Dublin area, city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

In all Tesco's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

So what price were they then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There ya go lads!

Sum total of one still available in Mullingar...:rolleyes:

tomtom2.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That's a pile of poo on Tesco's half. That's the new standard price for the TomTom One. It can be bought pretty much anywhere that sells GPS for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

A pile of Poo for well a pile of Poo, Tom Toms suck eggs tbh, leave the Sat Nav to the pros Lads and Lasses of TomTom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

sure I saw them in galway at either 79.99 or 89.99 definitely not 99.95! checked today an the urope model is €100 the uk & IRL is 79.99

• Advertisement
Advertisement