Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me Remember the Name of This Programme Please!!!!

Options
  • 14-09-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Ok I am going crazy trying to remember the name of this programme...
    I'll give as much details as I can and hopefully somebody will help me out.....

Ok I used to watch it circa. 2001. It was an animated programme that was broadcast on BBC 2 (99% sure of this, other 1% thinks it may have been Channel 4).

It was on late at night....approx. 11 o'clock!

It was a show which was filled with skits of different Characters, maybe 8 skits per show!

I have a feeling it was only ever 20 minutes long as I remember wishing they would make it longer!!

It was very dark in nature but hilarious at the same time!!

All I can remember was one skit in particular that was on every week....It was about this loser single dad who lived in a ****ty bedsit. Every week his ex wife would drop his son off to spend the night! Every week the dad would try and get to know the son or do some bonding which went totally wrong and then the dad would say..."Son, i'll be back in a minute". It would then cut to the depressed dad in the bathroom or bedroom committing suicide and cut back to the boy sitting on his own in the flat! I know it sounds weird but it was a dark comedy and oh so funny!

Please help me with this it is driving me crazy!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

The show is called Monkey Dust. :cool:

Perchance the darkest TV show ever created.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Oh my god thank you so so so much!!! I have been agonising over this for about 6 months and you have answered it within 10 minutes! I have googled every combination of words trying to find it! I love boards and now I love you!!!!!!

It is dark but oh so funny! Found loadsa vids on youtube! Off to watch em now!!

How the hell did you remember it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I have a thing for dark animated movies/TV. This show in particular was something of a collaboration among numerous top animated writers/artists. Season One is on DVD, but the show never picked up a large audience...perhaps for obvious reasons. I'm still shocked it made it onto the BBC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

One of the key writers died too, so no more episodes..

Advertisement