Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of CSS help please... vertically align this text

Options
  • 14-09-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I would be grateful if anyone can help me with this.

I am trying to align some text on the website www.laoisjobs.ie

If you look at the attached image (before.GIF) you will see a screenshot of the current page. Notice the text in the first column with "Today" the location and the job website - it is not vertically (or horizontally?!) aligned with the text in the second column.

If you look at the attached image (after.GIF) you will see I have correctly aligned the text in both columns.

Q1: Does anyone know how I can change my CSS to correct align the text?
    Q2: Do you think I need to align the text? Would it make the site better, in your opinion?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This could be one of those rare occasions where tables could actually be the best solution - this is a table of data after all.

Edit - not too sure how clean a solution this is, but try this:

<p style="margin: 2px;">Yesterday</p><br />

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Divs are fine, since you have them working I'd leave it at this stage, although as Eoin says a table is perfectly fine there anyway (After all, you've used a table for the header and divs for the tabular stuff!)

You could try pushing the "pad" div 2px down from "review" div (either with a margin or padding of 2px top). It might line up the bottom the text properly with the "Today" wording

Advertisement