Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 os and replacing a corrupt hard drive

Options
  • 14-09-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my PS3's hard drive has gone tits up!have tried the to restore it but to no avail.Have seen a few guides on replacing the hard drive(straight forward enough tbh,use to working with pc's).What Im wondering is it literally just plug and play?No formatting of the hard drive.And what about the PS3 system software? is it kept seperate to the hard drive?

Any pointers much appreciated,
    thanks in advance,

Labmouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its as simple as plug and play. Remove the old one and install the new SATA drive.
    When you turn on the PS3, it should recognise new HDD and format it for use with your PS3.
    If you have a backup of your PS3, you can restore all your PSN stuff & saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Thx for the quick reply:DAnd no i didnt have a backup.Grrr but you live and learn.Only good thing about being that i finished bioshock on the xbox!,

Cheers

Labmouse

Advertisement