Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skins: Series 1/2 (6 DVD) [£17.99@HMV]

Options
  • 14-09-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here.

C4DVD10225.JPG
    Channel 4's critically-acclaimed drama follows the angst-ridden lives of its teenage characters, as they grapple with issues of race, religion, sexuality, drugs, and eating disorders. SKINS' portrayal of these characters as poster children of the hedonistic lifestyle is unflinching in its candour. Expect plenty more bitching, backstabbing, and general bad behaviour in this, the complete first and second series of the smash hit show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great bargain, but you can also download them directly (for free) from the www.channel4.co.uk/ondemand site. Not as good quality as the DVD (obviously) and also DRM'ed, but free. You can also stream them directly (without donwloading the 4OD client) in slightly lower quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Great bargain, but you can also download them directly (for free) from the www.channel4.co.uk/ondemand site. Not as good quality as the DVD (obviously) and also DRM'ed, but free. You can also stream them directly (without donwloading the 4OD client) in slightly lower quality.

I had to wipe 40D off my computer as it had my machine getting pings from a Sky site all the time ,even when I wasn't looking at anything:o

311 wrote: »
    I had to wipe 40D off my computer as it had my machine getting pings from a Sky site all the time ,even when I wasn't looking at anything:o
    Odd. M=Perhaps it would've happened anyway? My router's always getting pinged. Usually from Holland. You can still stream from their website, which doesn't require the 40D client (which is essentially just a web browser).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I might try streaming in future ,but the program that loads definetly creates traffic when it's idle.

4OD uses P2P, kind of like Skype. So even when not in use, as long as it's in your tray icon, it's running and helping other get their data faster (but doesn't use a lot of bandwidth).

• Advertisement
Advertisement