Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Guy

Options
  • 14-09-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this first in one of the downloadable PSN clips from the Leipzig show. I read some reviews all of which came back glowing so I decided to give it a whirl. After playing it for a few hours I can say it's well worth the €7.99 paid. It's simple, original, quirky and of course fun. If only all downloadable content was this good.

Has anyone else here bought it and what do you think?

The Last Guy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

played the demo and thought it was great, but just wasnt sure what else it could offer in terms of longevity to make me actually pay for it. still havent ruled it out as a purchase, but im remaining to be convinced that theres too much point at the minute, but then im a cynical journalistic bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Helix wrote: »
    im a cynical journalistic bastard

You're a journalist? Ah, well then your opinion is null and void :D

Anyway, this looks quite good, but it does actually look like something I'll get bored of quick. If you want to invest in something worthwhile on PSN, then get Bionic Commando Rearmed. Stunning example of how to do the "old games made HD" trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Played the demo off the US store a few weeks ago. Liked it alot so bought the full version.

Very enjoyable and original game for the price.

Also really enjoying Bionical Commando and 1942.

1942 brings me back to my teenage years working in Superquinn when we had 1942, or something very similar at least, in the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

It's not really that original. I remember playing a mini game exactly like it from Work Time Fun or WTF! on the PSP.

Still a fun game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

rizzla wrote: »
    It's not really that original. I remember playing a mini game exactly like it from Work Time Fun or WTF! on the PSP.

Still a fun game though.

It's the same game - the people who made The Last Guy are the same team who made WTF. I noticed the similarity when I first saw it and went and researched it.

Although in fairness they've added power ups and other new features over the PSP version, and the use of real world cities is genius.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I like it ,although I don't play it a lot.

The sounds are gas in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played the demo and thought it was rubbish. Like a fancy flash game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

311 wrote: »
    I like it ,although I don't play it a lot.

The sounds are gas in it :D

Absolutely, the small details really add to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

It's a really fun game and jayzus managing a long queue of people behind you is so much fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Played the demo and thought it was rubbish. Like a fancy flash game.
    Agreed...can't understand what the fuss is all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Agreed...can't understand what the fuss is all about.

It's just good fun.

Advertisement