Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta finally over

Options
  • 13-09-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

So, the beta has ended. What did people think?

I have to say I loved it. I haven't played too many MMO's but of those I have, this is the most enjoyable. It somehow managed to copletely take my mind off levelling and I was just playing around having fun. When I started quests I was following the storylines and matching them up to the quests I'd done previously.

I said it before, that I think the biggest benefit of the game is the fact that it starts with the same type of content that most other MMO's end with. And the PvP sections are so much more accessible than in other games in terms of game play (the queueing for scenarios was a little annoying though, as sometimes I could spend a few hours waiting to get access).

It may be controversial to say it, but I honestly think that this could finally be the WoW beater that has been prophesied. It probably won't for the simple reason that too many people are stuck in there ways to move on from WoW, but this really does have everything WoW had and so much more. It's a great game and even in these early stages is incredible well put together.

So what think ye? And how many of you are in the Head start with me? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I only got about 5 hours of beta time, but I enjoyed it alot more than WoW. Its got all the good points from it, with some major improvements on the things that drove me mad with WoW.
    Looking forward to the head start, got my key for it today woo~!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well just so you know, from GOA:
    Due to technical reasons we are postponing the Collector’s Edition Head Start code validation to 02:00 CET. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Not surprising, really. And for those who aren't aware, by 02:00 CET, they mean October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

humanji wrote: »
    Well just so you know, from GOA:

Not surprising, really. And for those who aren't aware, by 02:00 CET, they mean October.

Headstart codes are registering now, and it's working for everyone it seems. The ingame objects aren't being regged now.

Is this in the GOA Europe site? It doesn't work for me, I can't log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Log in has been disabled to stop the registration server from being slammed. Just go to the code section and fill in your details and codes and you're good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

worked fine for me just there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

My headstart code is in as well. Still waiting on the confirmation email for the goodies code, but thats a secondary concern.

As was already mentioned, don't try logging in to the site, just click on the Code button on the menu, and fill in the form as you did at the start of the open beta. You ought to get an email back in a couple of minutes confirming it.

yeah, the code form wasn't loading for me. It worked this morning and I got my mail. Sadly, but I can't log in to the game now. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I fully enjoyed the open beta.
    While lotro and aoc were ok i guess i was always waiting for them to get better as i progressed.
    Previous to them wow was my all time favourite and always went back to it but ive always hoped something would come along to take me away from wow longterm.
    While i cant say whether WAR will do this longterm i can say its the most fun ive had from a new mmo.
    Its just brilliant the sheer amount of content early on in the game,lvl 5 im having all out wars in world rvr and scenarios.
    Ive cancelled wow [again] for now,lets see what happens but for now WAR is amazing for me :)

I honestly think apart from the mess last weekend and the long wait for servers to come back online Friday the week went veey problem free.
    There was no lag at all,little to no server downtime apart from the obvious.
    Todays code entry and email service was very fast and efficient.
    Roll on server opening later today :)

Advertisement