Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

colcannon recipe anyone??

Options
  • 13-09-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

i know it´s not the toughest thing to make in the world, but i´m looking for a really good colcannon method. i want to cook it as normal first then fashion it into logs and bake it in the oven to give it a nice crust but i´m not sure how best to do this so that it doesn´t fall apart.
    any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you place each 'log' on a sheet of clingfilm then roll it up and chill it for couple of hours it will hold its shape. Rough up the surface with a fork before you bake it, and once there's plenty of butter in it it'll brown nicely.

Great idea by the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jota

If you place each 'log' on a sheet of clingfilm then roll it up and chill it for couple of hours it will hold its shape. Rough up the surface with a fork before you bake it, and once there's plenty of butter in it it'll brown nicely.

Great idea by the way ;)

good thinking batman!

Advertisement